Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2017 Optima PHEV just turned on the HEV warning light (solid yellow triangle with
HEV and exclamation point). The Kia app says:
Powertrain
POB45 - Hybrid Battery Voltage Sense "C" Circuit

"Possible condition(s) with your Battery Management System
has been detected. KIA recommends a full system check when convenient."

Just wondering if anybody had ran into this error message before and what the resolution was? We've got an appointment to drop it off tomorrow for a check, but I wanted to know how hard I should push for a loaner vehicle.... (the last HEV warning light turned out to be only a burnt out fuse...but that was a different error code/message...)

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've not seen that message as I have only owned my PHEV for a few months now, but please keep us up to date on what the dealer tells you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drove it to the dealer the next day, the HEV warning light had gone out, but the check engine light was still on. The "Hybrid" guy wasn't in that day, so they asked me to bring it back the next day. The next day the check engine light had cleared itself, but they pulled the code from the history and cleared the codes, and told me to bring it back if they re-appeared.
Day after that the car threw a different code and went into "blinking green car/arrow" emergency driving mode. The code now was: "U1116 Lost communication with EWP". This is a code we had seen before (5 months ago), and the dealer said a fuse had blown, they replaced the fuse and cleared the code, but now it's back. Not sure if it's related to the previous code that cleared itself or not (electric water pump and BMS are somewhat different systems), but the car is at the dealer now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Dealer is replacing the EWP (electric water pump), gave us a rental. Guess that fuse blow 5 months ago wasn't just the fuse ;>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts