Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 and am installing aftermarket subs and amp. 2 jl audio 12's and an old school Sony XPLOD, 1200 WATT 1 channel amp. I have battery cable from power on amp to the in line fuse box, out on other side of in line fuse box and connected at the positive battery terminal. I have the ground cable from amp to the screw in the hole I drilled in the trunk with a nut on inside of the hole. I have tapped into the both the left and right rear door speaker wires using quick connects. I did this behind 'pillar B' of the interior trim- For those that do not know(me 24 hours ago) it is 5he piece of interior door trim between the front and back doors. I have each 12 in sub speaker wire connected accordingly to the left and right speaker screw in the amp. I used quick connects on back on sub box to connect the wires I have ran from the rear door speaker wires back to the trunk. Turn car on and no sound coming out of speaker box!!馃槥馃槶 I was going to run rca to factory radio but bf said I didn't need to do all that, just two into the rear door speaker wires and I wouldn't need to do all the extra work of taking radio out of dash to hook up RCA's. It's is like the amp has no power. Do I need to still run RCA's and do I need to use w loc? Can anyone help tell me what I need to do to get these working pretty please? 馃ズ

Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
I didn't read mention of + signal from head unit to turn xplod on. Yes, RCAs are always better because we're talking about a low level signal which has not gone to an amplifier that can 'dirty' it up some, yeah can run off speaker wires but why?

Registered
I am also using 2 12 inch JL Audio with JL Audio XD700 5v2 amp. This is 5 channel amp and I never got any issue with this. You might watch some YouTube videos that can help you in configuring your problems but it is advisable to visit the nearby mechanic. You better not need to play with the wires unless you know to play.

Registered
David Kia Optima TF Si
Have you sorted this one out yet?

If not, is the amp powering up - lights on? If not, the wiring to/from the amp may need to be looked at (power/ground). Are the quick connects secure - have you made a good connection to the speaker wires you are tapping into?

And... what kind of LOC are you using (if at all)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts