Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 14 Optima EX. Never had any problems with playing music over Bluetooth but all of the sudden, today, neither mine nor my wife's iPhone 6 will play over Bluetooth. When we hit the media button it says no media. Any idea why this would happen all of the sudden? We've tried deleting the phones and reconnecting, turning off the car and turning it back on, nothing is working.

·
Registered
2013 SX SX/L
63 Posts
instead of resetting the radio. go into phone settings, then disable media steaming then re-enable it ( 5 seconds of work) and it'll work perfectly! Mine does this randomly also. No reason why noted as of yet. This method is super fast and super easier than resetting your radio.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,297 Posts
How Do you reset the Radio?
Depends on model year and type of radio system.

For my 2012 SX Nav unit, I can reset by holding down two buttons: FM/AM + Map Voice for 10 seconds

Please note: sometimes the head unit can get so confused, even this type of reset won't fix it. In that situation, you would perform a re-install of your map update. So if you've never done a map update, this would be a good excuse to order the update and install it. That was the only way to solve an issue I had one time, where it involved something I forgot already. 2012 Kia Optima nav system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts