Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need high-performance pads and haven't found any for the rear brakes of the 2011-15 Optimas. I have the manual parking brake.

I am looking for pads that can take high temperatures without fading. For the front pads, I have found the EBC Yellow and the HP+ which would be appropriate. Stoptech "Sport" pads, available for the fronts but not for the rears, would also maybe cut it. Hawk HPS or 5.0, EBC Green or Red, or Stoptech Street would not. For the rears, I haven't found anything in the performance category of the EBC Yellow or HP+ (or anything above it, like a racing pad). EBC lists in their catalog a Yellow application for our rears, but it's not available and hasn't been produced for a long time.

Do you know of any pad above "Street level" performance that we can get for our rear brakes ?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
235 Posts
Sounds like you're going to take your car to the track for some laps...for which I have no experience. I did run the EBC green pads on our 2013 Sonata turbo and when the Optima calls for it, I'll be running the EBC "Green Stuff" pads on it as well. They had some dust, but much better cold bite and no fade during aggressive street driving. They were also easy on the rotors.

Fronts: DP21856
Rears: DP21865

1 - 2 of 2 Posts