Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the pedal delay on this drive by wire junk has me very irritated. Have any of y'all tried the Xpedal throttle controller from injen? I just installed the black intake and the diy bov mod. But I can't stand the "sleeping" period from when you stab the go pedal and it thinks about it 1st. I'm going to get this next week, I'd like to know if anyone has it or has something different.

Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
This is not a sports car, so removing the lag takes a lot of mods. We are also a turbo vehicle, so spooling plays a factor at certain points.

Coming from a GTO, it was a long time for me to get used to it too. This car is still much better than a lot of other sedans though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not a sports car, so removing the lag takes a lot of mods. We are also a turbo vehicle, so spooling plays a factor at certain points.

Coming from a GTO, it was a long time for me to get used to it too. This car is still much better than a lot of other sedans though.
Yes absolutely better. I myself am coming from trucks. I actually still have my lifted 99 dodge ram that is my project. I happened to stumble across this when I was looking at an SUV. As I'm sure u know daily driving ur project is highly annoying lol. I too used to have a 06 Chrysler 300srt which was the fastest car I've ever had, not driven but had. Look up the Xpedal from injen. It's definitely worth the $180.

Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
I am tuned, so my response time is much lower. I'd be careful putting this on the vehicle if you plan on getting a tune, which you will need with a lot of mods.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is true. Thanks for the reminder 馃檪. I don't plan on getting the tune just yet. I have my truck I'm working on. Just for future reference, what tune are you running? The uncle chip or something else?

Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
The throttle position controller makes a night and day difference in removing the delay.

We sell the Injen one as well, but have had a lot more positive feedback with the RaceChip XLR Throttle Position Controller.

While we don't yet have it listed on our K5 Optima Store website, you can find the product on our K8 Stinger Store website below.

Kia Stinger RaceChip XLR Throttle Response Controller - K8 Stinger Store

Just let us know you are ordering it for the Optima, if you decide to order it.

01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
I have a 2013 SXL with a Custom BTR Dyno Meth tune and full bolt ons Full exhaust DP-catback ,4"intake FMIC etc, I use the Pedal commander module....night and day difference in throttle response and countless adjustment capabilities either on the module itself or on your phone through the app..Thoroughly recommend it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts