Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia optima
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O

I noticed that engine oil is consumption and found that looks like oil leaking around PCV valve.
Do I need to replace a PCV valve?
Only valve? Or with the hose?
Please give me any advice.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,217 Posts
Easy job, remove the valve to check if working, meaning loose, then reinstall, or replace with new valve, then you'll know.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
113 Posts
View attachment 249965 O

I noticed that engine oil is consumption and found that looks like oil leaking around PCV valve.
Do I need to replace a PCV valve?
Only valve? Or with the hose?
Please give me any advice.
Thank you!!
That is not the PCV valve. That line comes off the driver side of the valve cover area. The PCV valves comes off the front passenger side of the valve cover area. It just looks like the hose is not in all the way and might need to replace hose clamp if it's not holding as tight as it should.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,217 Posts
That is not the PCV valve. That line comes off the driver side of the valve cover area. The PCV valves comes off the front passenger side of the valve cover area. It just looks like the hose is not in all the way and might need to replace hose clamp if it's not holding as tight as it should.
(y)Guess too quick to reply, got me on that one. That's the fresh air hose (incoming air) and after the air circulates through the engine, exits through PCV valve.
Back to my post, remove the valve and check operation, or replace to be sure it's functioning properly. Maybe too much blowby.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,102 Posts
Is there oil all along the valve cover seam/mating surface? Maybe it's a leaky valve cover gasket, and the oil is just absorbing its way up all over everything. Maybe try wiping things clean to make sure the oil is coming from where it seems to be coming from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts