Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I could get a 2 payment deferment through KMFUSA. I had asked if it was possible last month so I could pay off all those pesky Christmas bills.

That means no car payment till March for me. No fee, and no increase in interest rate. (interest does accrue during the deferment).

By the way...it has been two years of ownership for me on 12/28/13. I took it in for an oil change, emissions, and safety inspection and it still has 65% of its brakes left, and everything else checked out. 25,000 miles of worry free driving with no unscheduled service, recalls, or any other issue.

Pretty sure my next car is going to be a Kia as well. Happy with the $$$ end of things....and a really nice car no matter what the brand.

TTYL. -Chris.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's good to know! Our first payment was supposed to be Dec 22 but we requested to change the due date to mid Jan so that we could get through Christmas as well. They changed it without a problem. Didn't know deferments were a possibility.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to pay on time, and you have to make 6 payments before you qualify. The cool thing is that if it is medical related, you can take two deferments in a row. No one should go broke because they get sick.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you have to defer payments, you shouldn't be racking up Christmas bills with money you don't have.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ouch! But.... true....

I'm obligated to pay $350 month for 60 months, on my 2013 SXL (put down around $12.5k and financed $20k).

I've made 12 payments for $400, about $50 more than necessary each month and about every 5th or 6th bill, they have a 'zero due' this month on the statement :)

It's tempting, but I just still pay my $400 each month...

It cuts about a half a year off my 5 yr, 1.9% note to 4 1/2 years, and saves a couple hundred bucks in interest.

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's unfortunate, but a reality. A lot of folks get caught up in the Christmas spending spree and over do it a bit. Not here to bash anyone. We all have to live with the choices we make with anything in life. The good and the bad. I was doing some small shopping the last two days and noticed all of the stores I visited were like ghost towns. There are a bunch of broke folks out there after the holidays.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
This is nice to have. My loan on my 350z actually sends me an offer each year to skip my December or January payment as a Xmas gift from them. Since the wife has been very sick and needing surgery next week I opted to skip my January payment. So sometimes medical bills get in the way when you least expect it.
Thanks op I didn't know kia did this. Maybe I'll look into it for my Optima loan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
It's unfortunate, but a reality. A lot of folks get caught up in the Christmas spending spree and over do it a bit. Not here to bash anyone. We all have to live with the choices we make with anything in life. The good and the bad. I was doing some small shopping the last two days and noticed all of the stores I visited were like ghost towns. There are a bunch of broke folks out there after the holidays.
Well said joesyah :thumbsup:, I'm surprised I still got a few dollars left after the holidays :D.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got my optima in the middle of November . I don't have to pay a cent on it till May. So I'm putting the payments aside instead and will make a nice lump sum payment come May . Kia seems to be doing alota things right . Kudos to them .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found out that I could get a 2 payment deferment through KMFUSA. I had asked if it was possible last month so I could pay off all those pesky Christmas bills.

That means no car payment till March for me. No fee, and no increase in interest rate. (interest does accrue during the deferment).

By the way...it has been two years of ownership for me on 12/28/13. I took it in for an oil change, emissions, and safety inspection and it still has 65% of its brakes left, and everything else checked out. 25,000 miles of worry free driving with no unscheduled service, recalls, or any other issue.

Pretty sure my next car is going to be a Kia as well. Happy with the $$$ end of things....and a really nice car no matter what the brand.

TTYL. -Chris.
Do you know is this is the same for a lease? I've got an unexpected surgery coming up and I'm worried about being off work for 6wks. Was hoping to defer a payment so all my other bills don't get behind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Monicarae010305
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing