Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So i ordered these from David last Thursday and received them 2 days later, not bad at all for transit time from the west coast to the east coast and free too. So i wanted to share my experience on this set of risers. First of all the wife is absolutely happy with the difference in the height she can now just step right out of the car without crawling like before.

Installation is a bit challenging but the reward is nothing but the best. I got three of the bolts in with a little sweat, muscle and a blister on my thumb and a cracked nail but I'll live LOL!!!! The forth bolt on the right rear for the love of god i could not get it to go, mind you i was doing it by myself i suggest you have a friend to help you if you want. So i gave up on that fourth bolt and used my coconut and this is what i did. After lining up the riser with the hole on the floor and the seat rail i used the OEM bolt to tighten the bottom using the 14mm wrench and on the top i took another bolt and nut that i had in my shop and put it through the rail and tighten that and walaaaa just beautiful fitment.

I am very happy with the final outcome, thank you David!!!!!
Thank you for your order with us Hank, and for the review here on the forum.

Sorry to hear you had some difficulty with the installation, but happy to hear you got it installed at the end of the day!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima Optima
22 Posts
Just curious, but are the new Optimas' passenger seats still positioned low?

What a difference the risers made on my 2012. My wife absolutely hated how low the seat was. Now with the risers installed, she loves going for rides!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just curious, but are the new Optimas' passenger seats still positioned low?
Apparently, only some of the 16+ models come equipped with the option to raise the seat height on the passenger side.

The base models are still the same way as before, with no control on raising the seat height.

What a difference the risers made on my 2012. My wife absolutely hated how low the seat was. Now with the risers installed, she loves going for rides!
Awesome, happy to hear that the wife is now able to see better and enjoys going on rides now! :)

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
12 Posts
Bought a set of these last week for my "new to me" '15 Optima. Fantastic product, my wife can now see over the dash and when she's not in the car, the stuff i put on the passenger seat is actually stuff i dont have to reach down to the floor for to grab. Great stuff, thanks David! (great shipping too, got it in 2 days across the country)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Bought a set of these last week for my "new to me" '15 Optima. Fantastic product, my wife can now see over the dash and when she's not in the car, the stuff i put on the passenger seat is actually stuff i dont have to reach down to the floor for to grab. Great stuff, thanks David! (great shipping too, got it in 2 days across the country)
Just seeing this post now. Awesome, glad to hear it!! You're very welcome and thank you for your business with us as well.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
7 Posts
After reading the previous posts, I also bought this kit for my 2015 EX. It took about two hours for the install as I had to elongate the holes in the front tracks. Now, I am NOT complaining at all - I was prepared for this possibility. I had a 1/2 horse drill and a milling bit at the ready. Once the holes were done, the final installation was a breeze. 100% satisfied with the riser kit.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
After reading the previous posts, I also bought this kit for my 2015 EX. It took about two hours for the install as I had to elongate the holes in the front tracks. Now, I am NOT complaining at all - I was prepared for this possibility. I had a 1/2 horse drill and a milling bit at the ready. Once the holes were done, the final installation was a breeze. 100% satisfied with the riser kit.
Thank you for your order with us and happy to hear that you got it installed.

I can tell you that after selling over 2,000 of the passenger seat riser kits over the past five years, we do hear this quite often. However, I can confirm that you do not need to elongate the holes at all, there is just a few tips and tricks that you can do without having to do that in order to get the kit installed.

When a customer reaches out to us here with a problem during the installation, we usually put them in touch with the manufacturer, that walks them through the troubleshooting steps and allows them to get the product installed. We would not sell a product that required modification to get it to fit properly.

At the end of the day, what’s important is that you were able to get it installed, and you are now happy with the product. I’m sorry that you ran into some difficulty during installation but thank you again for your business with us.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,183 Posts
Thank you for your order with us and happy to hear that you got it installed.

I can tell you that after selling over 2,000 of the passenger seat riser kits over the past five years, we do hear this quite often. However, I can confirm that you do not need to elongate the holes at all, there is just a few tips and tricks that you can do without having to do that in order to get the kit installed.
:thumbsup: Takes a little doing, but the spacers can be installed as is, no "machining" needed.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
559 Posts
I've had this kit for a while. Liked it so much, I put one under the driver's side as well. Now I don't have to elevate the seat to get a decent view out the front, and can actually rest my elbow on the windowsill.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I've had this kit for a while. Liked it so much, I put one under the driver's side as well. Now I don't have to elevate the seat to get a decent view out the front, and can actually rest my elbow on the windowsill.
Awesome, thank you for your order with us, and for making a post here as well. :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Do you know if this would work on a 2020 sonata?
No, it will not work on the 2020 Sonata at this time. There was a change from the previous years and the manufacturer has not released an updated version at this time. We will make sure to update the website accordingly if and when they release the newer kit.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
We now have over 695+ 5-Star Reviews on this product from verified customers. :)

Tired of having your passengers sitting on the floor in the passenger seat?

Does your wife complain that the passenger seat is just plain too low?

We have the perfect solution for you available here on our site.

We have updated the pics in the first post & added an instructional PDF as well...

Passenger Seat Riser Kit Installation Manual

(BUY NOW)

We've got it here! ?

Awesome customer submitted video!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts