Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Finally ordered these. When the wife pulls the sun visor down and it doesn't help her, short person problems(5'2"). She should enjoy this upgrade. great Vendor to work with.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Finally ordered these. When the wife pulls the sun visor down and it doesn't help her, short person problems(5'2"). She should enjoy this upgrade. great Vendor to work with.
Thank you for your order with us Will! Very much appreciate it!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I sat over there and didn't see much of a problem? I'm only 5'8, maybe I should try again.
The issue with the seat height is predominantly a concern for people under 5'4. It makes a substantial difference once the seat risers are installed. Not really an issue if you are 5'8. ;)

·
Registered
2015 Optima
491 Posts
wish my drivers seat in my LX sat as low as the passenger seat.. I'm 6'7"

david, when you guys gonna get a driver seat un-riser kit :lmao:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
wish my drivers seat in my LX sat as low as the passenger seat.. I'm 6'7"

david, when you guys gonna get a driver seat un-riser kit :lmao:
Haha, "Now introducing the driver's seat...lowering...kit"
LMAO just seeing this now. I didn't realize this was an actual issue. Then again I'm only 6'1 and occasionally brush the top of my head on the headliner.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima Hybrid
19 Posts
I had to ride in the passenger seat of my hybrid the other evening and felt like an old man trying to crawl my way out of it. I can't believe my other half hasn't complained about that seat yet!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I had to ride in the passenger seat of my hybrid the other evening and felt like an old man trying to crawl my way out of it. I can't believe my other half hasn't complained about that seat yet!
Thank you very much for placing your order with us on the site. This should definitely fix the issue for your other half!! ;)

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,467 Posts
LMAO just seeing this now. I didn't realize this was an actual issue. Then again I'm only 6'1 and occasionally brush the top of my head on the headliner.
Ditto. I'm 6'2" (and ~300lb :shocked:) and find "crawling" out of the drivers seat a pain - yet one that I will forgive to enjoy driving the car.

I always hit perfectly styled coiffure getting in and out. :D

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ditto. I'm 6'2" (and ~300lb :shocked:) and find "crawling" out of the drivers seat a pain - yet one that I will forgive to enjoy driving the car.

I always hit perfectly styled coiffure getting in and out. :D
I'm 6'1 and I do too, so don't feel bad. :lol:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Um.... yeah....

The K5 optima store is the shiznit ( I'm 50 yrs old and I got the lingo lol )

Ordered the seat riser on 5/27, it showed up today, 5/31, and that's with a HOLIDAY falling somewhere in those 4 days!

Will install before the weekend, wife will be most pleased :)

The K5 store must use some kind of sorcery to get things across country so fast.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Um.... yeah....

The K5 optima store is the shiznit ( I'm 50 yrs old and I got the lingo lol )

Ordered the seat riser on 5/27, it showed up today, 5/31, and that's with a HOLIDAY falling somewhere in those 4 days!

Will install before the weekend, wife will be most pleased :)

The K5 store must use some kind of sorcery to get things across country so fast.
Haha love it, thank you so much for this post!!

We definitely appreciate your business with us, let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2015 Hybrid Optima Hybrid
17 Posts
I see some members are having difficulty with the install due to the bolts not going in at the correct angle.

Is there any tricks or shortcuts I should be aware of?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I see some members are having difficulty with the install due to the bolts not going in at the correct angle.

Is there any tricks or shortcuts I should be aware of?
Unfortunately, as I've mentioned in this thread here, everyone will have a different level of experience when it comes to doing installation of aftermarket products on a vehicle. Some people are more handy and more experienced and are able to get the job done in 20 minutes without any difficulty, where as others have more of a difficult time. It really comes down to the individual and their level of experience.

·
Registered
2013 K5
637 Posts
So i ordered these from David last Thursday and received them 2 days later, not bad at all for transit time from the west coast to the east coast and free too. So i wanted to share my experience on this set of risers. First of all the wife is absolutely happy with the difference in the height she can now just step right out of the car without crawling like before.

Installation is a bit challenging but the reward is nothing but the best. I got three of the bolts in with a little sweat, muscle and a blister on my thumb and a cracked nail but I'll live LOL!!!! The forth bolt on the right rear for the love of god i could not get it to go, mind you i was doing it by myself i suggest you have a friend to help you if you want. So i gave up on that fourth bolt and used my coconut and this is what i did. After lining up the riser with the hole on the floor and the seat rail i used the OEM bolt to tighten the bottom using the 14mm wrench and on the top i took another bolt and nut that i had in my shop and put it through the rail and tighten that and walaaaa just beautiful fitment.

I am very happy with the final outcome, thank you David!!!!!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts