Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2014 build date Oct 26, 2013 KIA 2014 KIA Optima LX
28 Posts
Just ordered a set of the seat risers on Friday. Can't wait to install them! My first mod!!

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima
18 Posts
Just ordered this kit last night. Really looking forward to getting it. The low passenger seat is the only complaint on my baby. While not my first mod will be the most involved. :D

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just ordered this kit last night. Really looking forward to getting it. The low passenger seat is the only complaint on my baby. While not my first mod will be the most involved. :D
Thank you for your business. I agree, the passenger seat is definitely too low and is something that Kia should've addressed before releasing these vehicles.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima
18 Posts
Got the risers installed this morning. Took about 45 minutes, but mainly due to wanting to be very careful w/my baby :D . The main tip I have is that the bolt holes are at kind of odd angles in the front & rear so definitely took some fiddling to get them started and on the rear hubby did have to get a little rough with them, but all in all a GREAT mod and the 1.5" is perfect rise. I highly recommend the product and the K5 Optima Store. Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 build date Oct 26, 2013 KIA 2014 KIA Optima LX
28 Posts
Seat Riser Kit-Installed

Received the seat riser kit on Thursday. Installed them today. Took about an hour. Not a difficult project, although starting the bolts is a little tricky. I took the front bolts out completely and threaded a new bolt part way in just to see how much of an angle the bolts would need to be at, then continued as per the instructions. Had the wife sit in the back seat and help tilt the front seat. I also turned the rear risers so that the solid side faced the back seat. Worked out nicely. Overall, it was a nice mod with great results. Thanks K5 store for an awesome product.

Youtube Video here:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got the risers installed this morning. Took about 45 minutes, but mainly due to wanting to be very careful w/my baby :D . The main tip I have is that the bolt holes are at kind of odd angles in the front & rear so definitely took some fiddling to get them started and on the rear hubby did have to get a little rough with them, but all in all a GREAT mod and the 1.5" is perfect rise. I highly recommend the product and the K5 Optima Store. Thanks!:thumbsup:
Received the seat riser kit on Thursday. Installed them today. Took about an hour. Not a difficult project, although starting the bolts is a little tricky. I took the front bolts out completely and threaded a new bolt part way in just to see how much of an angle the bolts would need to be at, then continued as per the instructions. Had the wife sit in the back seat and help tilt the front seat. I also turned the rear risers so that the solid side faced the back seat. Worked out nicely. Overall, it was a nice mod with great results. Thanks K5 store for an awesome product.

Youtube Video here:
Thank you both very much for your order and even more so for coming back and commenting about the installation and leaving feedback on your experience. This kit is a custom kit and does require a little bit of work to get installed. However we have now sold over 50 of these kits and cannot thank all of you enough for the feedback and support on this product.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What is the torque specs for the 17mm bolts in the seat riser kit? No info when searching or in the PDF. TUVM!
Actually there are no torque specs recommended from the seat riser manufacturer. I would imagine that you would just tighten them down as far as they go within reason.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
88 Posts
The factory torque spec for the seats is 36-47 ft.lbs. An average torque spec for a 1.25 10.9 grade bolt is 45 ft. lbs. Hope this helps

·
Registered
238 Posts
Actually there are no torque specs recommended from the seat riser manufacturer. I would imagine that you would just tighten them down as far as they go within reason.
Thank you, David! Just checking to see if I had missed that info. I unortunately could not get the kit for my b'day on your 4th of July sale so I will look forward to a possible Labor Day sale, lol!!

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

The factory torque spec for the seats is 36-47 ft.lbs. An average torque spec for a 1.25 10.9 grade bolt is 45 ft. lbs. Hope this helps
Your info is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
2013 Optima
245 Posts
Installed the riser the other day and it's the perfect height. My wife said "why wasn't it just built like this?". The install was easy after putting some muscle into it. Two people would make it a piece of cake. Took me 15 min once I got all the tools in place. Awesome product and awesome company!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Installed the riser the other day and it's the perfect height. My wife said "why wasn't it just built like this?". The install was easy after putting some muscle into it. Two people would make it a piece of cake. Took me 15 min once I got all the tools in place. Awesome product and awesome company!
Sweet Matt, glad you got it installed. We wonder the same thing. Should have come this way.

Has anyone installed this in their Sonata yet?
Several of our customers have. You may also want to check our thread on the turbo sonata forums. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
16 Posts
This will be my next purchase. I'm short, real short. But I appear taller than every passenger in my car! But when I'm riding passenger I can barely see over the dashboard!! YES YES YES YES!!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thank you. I forgot about that dead forum.
No problem. It's slowly getting woken up over there.

This will be my next purchase. I'm short, real short. But I appear taller than every passenger in my car! But when I'm riding passenger I can barely see over the dashboard!! YES YES YES YES!!!
Sounds good. Let us know when you're ready to order. This will definitely help with that issue. ;)

Thank you for your business.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SX-T
12 Posts
David,

I used the shorter bolts on the front bracket (10mm-1.25x60) and ran out of thread before I could get it tightened down completely. I went to NAPA and purchased bolts that were shorter (10mm-1.25x50) and went the complete length of the bolt to correct the issue. It wasn't too terrible but the alignment of those front bolts is indeed trickier than the back. All 4 of my bolts were black with the back bolts being longer (10mm-1.25x75) than the front bolts. Wife is happy now.

Dennis

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
David,

I used the shorter bolts on the front bracket (10mm-1.25x60) and ran out of thread before I could get it tightened down completely. I went to NAPA and purchased bolts that were shorter (10mm-1.25x50) and went the complete length of the bolt to correct the issue. It wasn't too terrible but the alignment of those front bolts is indeed trickier than the back. All 4 of my bolts were black with the back bolts being longer (10mm-1.25x75) than the front bolts. Wife is happy now.

Dennis
Hi Dennis,

I am not sure why you had difficulties with the installation with the provided bolts. There is no need to order new bolts as the ones that come with the kit are more than sufficient to install this product. Everyone has a different level of installation experience and we have found that the installation of this kit is easier for some, and more challenging for others. I am happy in the end that you were able to get the kit installed and that the wife is now happy.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts