·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts

Introducing to the forum:

The Passenger Seat Riser Kit

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Eliminate the frustrations of poor visibility and discomfort caused by the low position of the passenger
seat in your Kia Optima, Sonata, Forte, or Cadenza.
(Also available for many other Kia & Hyundai vehicles)

Our quick and easy to install kit raises the seat approximately 1-1/2 inches,
significantly improving comfort and visibility while maintaining all seat adjustment functionality for both power and manual seats.

This item will be shipped with FREE USPS Priority Mail Shipping anywhere in the US

Included in the kit:

(2) Front Seat Risers
(2) Front Riser Bolts & Washers
(2) Rear Seat Risers
(2) Rear Riser Bolts & Washers
Installation Instructions
(View Installation PDF here)

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2020 Kia Optima
2014-2018 Kia Cadenza
2014-2018 Kia Forte
2014-2018 Kia Soul
2013-2019 Kia Sportage
2011-2018 Kia Sorento
2016-2017 Kia Rio
2011-2016 Hyundai Genesis
2019-2020 Hyundai Kona
2013-2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
2011-2017 Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Elantra (Call for model years)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima SX
1,356 Posts
Awesome David! Great, simple solution for those that don't like low on the passenger side!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered these from David; out of stock when I placed the order but I received them after about a week, including shipping from California to Toronto.
I gave up working on my own car many years ago, when I realized I had no aptitude for it at all. Still, my son and I installed the risers in about half an hour. it is a bit fiddly to get the bolts at the right angle so they don't cross thread. Instructions were quite clear, even if the photocopied pictures were not.
No concerns at all about the quality and security of the kit and my wife is much happier. We're planning a long road trip this summer and this is going to make things pleasanter for both of us.
Cheers David!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered these from David; out of stock when I placed the order but I received them after about a week, including shipping from California to Toronto.
I gave up working on my own car many years ago, when I realized I had no aptitude for it at all. Still, my son and I installed the risers in about half an hour. it is a bit fiddly to get the bolts at the right angle so they don't cross thread. Instructions were quite clear, even if the photocopied pictures were not.
No concerns at all about the quality and security of the kit and my wife is much happier. We're planning a long road trip this summer and this is going to make things pleasanter for both of us.
Cheers David!
Thank you very much for your order Joe. I appreciate your business and I'm happy to hear that you and your wife are enjoying this new product. Be sure to let me know if there's anything at all that you ever need for your Optima in the future. We'll be sure to get you taken care of.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Anyone have any tips on installing these?

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
88 Posts
Just be careful not to cross thread the new bolts, best bet is to thread the new bolts in the holes without installing the spacers a few times to make sure they go in freely. The original bolts are self threading and they cut the threads when first installed, this sometimes can cause rough threads. If you have a 10 x1.25 tap I would clean the threads with it first.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
236 Posts
I wondered the reasoning for these risers when i first seen them, once I let my cousin drive my Optima (because he is a Dodge diesel truck guy and is always domestic vehicles only) and I was sitting in the passenger seat I see why they are needed. I am 5'9 and felt like I could not see past the hood. This will be one of the next items I order for my Optima.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just ordered those from David, it's a must add on for every Optima. Thanks for all the support David; can't wait to have them installed
Thank you for your order sir.

I wondered the reasoning for these risers when i first seen them, once I let my cousin drive my Optima (because he is a Dodge diesel truck guy and is always domestic vehicles only) and I was sitting in the passenger seat I see why they are needed. I am 5'9 and felt like I could not see past the hood. This will be one of the next items I order for my Optima.
Yep exactly, most people don't know until they get into the passenger seat, only to find out you cannot raise it at all.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
67 Posts
I talked to the manufacturer today, too. He advised me not to be afraid of using some force to line up the bolts and to use a screwdriver or something to pull the rails and hole into alignment. He said that yes, raising the seat does, in effect, put the bolts farther apart and that makes it tough in some cases to get things aligned. I put the front bolts in first, because they need to go in at an angle. Made sure they were just threaded in enough to hold the seat and not come out. I then stuck a long thick Philips screwdriver down through the rail, riser and hole on one side in the back and tugged a bit on it to get that hole to be in closer alignment. After putting the bolt in and tugging a bit more on the rail, the bolt seemed to start and then threaded in a bit when I used the socket wrench. Did the same thing with the last one and it started to cross-threaded so I pulled it out, cleaned the threads, swapped it out with the other bolt I'd just put in and got that one started. Went back to the other one with the last bolt and after a bit of tugging with the screwdriver in the hole, the bolt started to go in. Each of the rear ones was scary because they didn't go in easy. However, I was able to tell when the one started to cross-thread so I recovered and got it to work. The trick is to really pay attention because they won't start or they will cross thread if they are slanted side-to-side or front to back. The good news is that the wife is much happier with the height of the seat now. That was her one and only complaint about the car when I bought it.

Mike

·
Registered
2013 Kia LX
340 Posts
Was looking to add these but am having second thoughts. For something designed for this specific car there sure seems to be trouble with the bolt alignment. When the designer stated "not to be afraid of using some force to line up the bolts and to use a screwdriver or something to pull the rails and hole into alignment" it suggests that maybe there should be some redesigning of the product.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Was looking to add these but am having second thoughts. For something designed for this specific car there sure seems to be trouble with the bolt alignment. When the designer stated "not to be afraid of using some force to line up the bolts and to use a screwdriver or something to pull the rails and hole into alignment" it suggests that maybe there should be some redesigning of the product.
Chuck I can assure you of this, since we started selling these kits less than 2 months ago, we've sold a little over 40 sets. Out of the 40-45 customers we've sold to, about 3 or 4 of them have had some difficulty installing the kits. Out of the 3 or 4 of them, there is currently only one customer that has yet to get it installed. I do not believe there is any fitment issues, or issues with the product.

With custom products like this, there is always going to be some customers that may have difficulties with the installation. This is not something to have second thoughts about. Many members will buy our custom products, and attempt to install them themselves. Some have issues and many do not. Everyone comes from differnt walks of life, and some are more mechanically inclined than others.

It reminds me of my Auto Folding Mirror Module. I've had at least 20-30 customers over the past 2 years contact me and say they've tried everything to remove the door panel, but it's just not coming off. Even though I tell them they just need to pull really hard really fast and it will come off. Many customers are afraid of damaging something or breaking their new car. However 95% of the time they just do it and have no issues. This is a similar situation I believe.

If you or any other member order the product, and have issues installing it, we are happy to offer a full refund less the shipping costs, if you send it back to us.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima
70 Posts
Just places my order for this kit along with those snazzy dress up bolts for the engine compartment. Should make my dad happier when I go pick him up to tool around.

·
Registered
2013 Optima
245 Posts
Am going to attempt mine tonight. Wish there was a DIY video on these bad boys. Might be a 5 beer project.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
88 Posts
Am going to attempt mine tonight. Wish there was a DIY video on these bad boys. Might be a 5 beer project.
Mine was about a 5 minute project. No need for a DIY video just follow the instructions and be careful not to cross thread the bolts.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
29,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how did the installation go Matt?

Mine was about a 5 minute project. No need for a DIY video just follow the instructions and be careful not to cross thread the bolts.
Awesome! This is great to hear that you were able to install this so quickly. It is very straightforward. There have been a very small percentage of customers having trouble with the installation on these kits. If anyone does run into any problems, please get in touch with us, so we can help address the issue.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts