Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a common thing? can I just replace the 1 switch or does the whole piece have to go? Also, how does it come off? thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
No, not common, but at least you know it's not the regulator/motor. The master control is sold as a unit so just one switch can't be purchased. You need to pull the door panel, remove the harness and then remove the switch.
Probably the switch, but with the switch out, might want to do some testing to make certain the switch is bad and not in the wiring. Take the switch apart and spray with contact cleaner, might get lucky.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
I have the same issue. I'm planning to work on this at some point and post my results, but for now I'm just living with it.

Back when I researched the issue, I saw that it could be as simple as the plastic deforming on the inside, so when you press down on the outer switch button, the inner part only depresses the electrical connection like 90% so it won't engage the electrical connection. I'm hoping that's my issue, and I plan to melt some extra plastic to build up the deformed area.

But it could also be an electrical issue, so I'll find out when I eventually pull the door panel and overhaul the set of switches.

Might be a while for me, so if you make any progress please share your results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts