1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the part numbers for these two bolts:

This is a fender bolt. There are 4 of them per fender. It's size is 10mm

This is a Seat Bolt, There are two of them that hold the rear seat in. It's size is 12mm

Any assistance IDing these would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11408-06141
I actually think I found the fender bolt on Kiapartsnow, but the part number is: 11403-08181. I'll let you know when it arrives.

The rear seat has two bolts that hold it on. Here's a picture of roughly where they are:

The inner two bolts hold the bottom seat on, as the seat has two metal loops for the bolts to go through, the outer two hold the side pieces on, and they have loops of their own. They are all the same size.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why not take the bolt to a good hardware store. don't think the car will know it isn't from KIA.
Good point, but where can I find a 12mm bolt with captured lock and plate washer? I am fully aware I can assemble something similar, but I'd really rather not put something down there that will corrode, or otherwise interact badly with the frame of the car.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to the dealer as their schematic is in greater detail than one can see on the 'net.
Sadly, I've already tried that, and they cannot seem to locate either bolt... I took some good photos, made some measurements, and their parts guys have been on it for over a week, with no luck so far.

·
Registered
2013 Kia LX
340 Posts
Good point, but where can I find a 12mm bolt with captured lock and plate washer? I am fully aware I can assemble something similar, but I'd really rather not put something down there that will corrode, or otherwise interact badly with the frame of the car.
Did you ever hear of washers and lock washers. Same thing. KIA's bolts are designed for robotic machines or human line workers to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts