Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello lovely people and fellow Kia owners of all types:

So I've been registered for a little bit and I have been using the search button religiously. To my suprise, I haven't found the exact size or even part numbers for the OEM stuff, so I decided to open a thread for people in the future who need to know, as well as get your suggestions or know-how on the exact part number on the OEM stuff.

I've called two Kia dealerships part department and obtained the following information for a
2013 Kia Optima EX, US Georgia Made, Sedan - 4Door 5P; 2.4L - Theta 2; DOHC - GDI; Gasoline - Unleaded; Auto - 6 Speed 2WD; Drive Type - LHD:

Stealership #1:
Brake Fluid: Dot3 or Dot4 brake fluid, full synthetic
Engine Oil: 5w20 or 5w30 engine oil full synthetic
Transmission Fluid: St4 type - Part# um013ch059
Coolant Fluid: Standard green

Stealership #2:
Engine Oil: 5w20 - 6 quarts
Transmission Fluid: Atf spec 4, type 4. - 7.5 quarts
Brake Fluid: Dot 4 - a Half quarts
Coolant Fluid: Yellow - 7.5 quarts

And then, for your oil filters, just reference only for future lookers and info seekers; the part number, at least for a 2013 Kia Optima EX, the OEM oil filter part number is 2630035505.

Now looking at this list above, particularly the "coolant" part, you can see one dealership mentioned Yellow and the other one mentioned Green. Upon my research, I couldn't find anything about the yellow coolant but I did find out about the green coolant which is actually blue but once mixed 50/50 with distilled water, it turns green.

Does anyone know, if it has, a part number for the exact type of "Kia" OEM coolant?

Disregard my question with the light text and strikethrough. I found the answer and solution to my own question, please see post #4 of THIS thread. Part number / quartz size for all fluids. 2013 Kia...

[Information below updated 11/18/2020]
Seeing as this thread has turned into a help info thread rather than me asking questions about specific things on our cars (as you can see I didn't get too much feedback so I had to fend for myself). When I needed to find all of the information I was looking for, and perhaps you are too if you are reading this thread, you will come to learn that there is a ton of contradicting information these forums. Unfortunately it's very poorly organized so when people ask about a part, or say something works, you have no idea on what type of Kia they have. Nobody provides specifics, just only like "hey here's how to change the oil" -- which is cool great, thanks, but nobody ever says how many quartz you need, what type did they use, or even any part numbers. The real helpful information. And just when you think you found a fluid or a type of something, the right size, bulb, whatever, that you think is going to work, you run into another thread that beats on that information and says "don't use that" or "it won't fit". People here are a quick to tell you to go look into the owner's manual, when, someone, could just provide the help, so its online available to everyone, like me, as I'm deployed overseas. We; you; me; many registered and non registered users, internet surfers, rely on a forum to help.

That's why I made this thread in the first place, and that's why I updated it.

BATTERY REPLACEMENT
I wanted to update this thread on the type of battery replacement I used, that fit, and that worked. I can't speak about any other models, but the model I mentioned earlier on this post. 2013 Kia Optima EX, US made.

Please see post #58 here: stock battery replacement. in a thread called "stock battery replacement." that was not started by me but for more information on battery types, non OEM at Autozone, AdvancedAutoParts and other places..Walmart, Target, whatever. I quoted (as you can see below) my post on the type of battery that DOES FIT the 2013 Kia Optima EX US Made.

[....]
AdvancedAutoParts:

DieHard Gold Battery, Group Size 124R, 700 CCA
(clickable link - direct to AdvancedAutoParts website)

Part No: 124R-2

OE Group 124R; OE CCA 600; Battery Spec: 700 CCA; 875 CA; 120 Minute Reserve Capacity; 3 Year Free Replacement

• Regular Price $169.99
  • Core charge (refundable) +$22.00
  • Regular Price Plus Core $191.99
The total came out to $174.99 as currently they have a discount.

DieHard Gold Battery, Group Size 124R, 700 CCA $169.99
10% off your DieHard Battery order. Maximum discount $50. Online Only −$17.00
Refundable Core Charges +$22.00
TOTAL PAID: $174.99

This information provided above is current as of 10/23/2020.

[....]

🆕 UPDATE 10/26/2020 🆕
DieHard Gold Battery, Group Size 124R, 700 CCA Part No: 124R-2: The mobile mechanic installed the battery, and said everything fit. Car runs, without any issues of power whatsoever. To what extent of "fit" I'm am not entirely sure but he did say that he didn't have a problem with connecting the cables, clearance of the hood or any components within the engine. He simply removed the old OEM battery, put this one in and that was that. Since I am deployed overseas my phone that I use does not accept MMS messages so I don't have a picture to show anyone, which I was hoping to get. (If you have a 2013 Kia Optima EX, Us Georgia Made 2.4L, you should be good to go with the battery I mentioned and linked directly above. At least the side, and group will fit). I will try and get a photo at some point, and when I do I will be back to update this thread just as I did today.

That way, and again, for those in the future whom may be in a similar boat with an 2013 Kia Optima EX may know as to which battery actually fits if they wish to go without an OEM battery.

Lastly, just remember; this forum is a community of members who all share the same interest. We should be helping each other out. I hope my posts in this thread will assist those in the future. Good luck!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
You might want to clarify that this info is specific to the 2.4 engine, not the 2.0 turbo. I think the 2013 EX could come with either type of engine, but the oil information above is not applicable to the 2.0 turbo. I haven't checked the other info.

You can edit your profile info to include your car info too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to clarify that this info is specific to the 2.4 engine, not the 2.0 turbo. I think the 2013 EX could come with either type of engine, but the oil information above is not applicable to the 2.0 turbo. I haven't checked the other info.

You can edit your profile info to include your car info too
Thanks for your response. I've made an edit to my original post, including the year make and model to further assist those in the future should they be looking for what I am looking for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just want to provide an update, and again to those in a similar boat as me. I've just went with a brand from AutoZone on a green, pre-mixed 50/50 coolant. Both Kia dealerships that I've called, both said any type of GREEN coolant would be fine. If you read my first post the second dealership actually told me yellow but I called back for confirmation and they told me GREEN. Although I've read on these forums someone said the colors are irrelevant, I don't care, they both said green. I'll go with what they suggest. Provided below (clickable link, direct to AutoZone) is the coolant I settled with:

PEAK Original Equipment Technology Asian Vehicles Green Antifreeze and Coolant

Part #PAGB53

This will do for now as my car is being stored in a storage facility and won't be driven. Only started up. Your situation may be different, I'd always recommend to go to a dealership, so they can warrant the work if they messed up. But that's just me. If funds are tight and/or you have the know-how on doing the drain and refill yourself. Go for it. I'm learning that there is much contradicting information on these forums and it's unorganized in the sense of what's what for which year, model on all of our cars. So take the information you find out online for what it's worth... and with a grain of salt. Make the best informed decision you can on your car, that you are comfortable with doing. These are investments, so protect it with what your wallet can afford. Keep in mind though, just because a product is "expensive" doesn't always mean its the best. Just put in what you are willing to pay or what you feel comfortable with putting in your car.

I would go to the dealership, if I were back in the states. And I will make an appointment to one prior to my return. For now, this is what I am using though, so if it doesn't work I'll be sure to be back to let you all know.

I hope my opening post helps those in the future. Given I personally couldn't find any information on the Quartz size, rather just step-by-step guides on how-to do certain things.

Special thanks for KingFatty for responding to this thread.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
Very cool start to a good thread. A lot of folks would also ask about the 2.0L turbo engine. Some folks seem to ask about tire sizes and brake pads as well so perhaps this could be expanded to include them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool start to a good thread. A lot of folks would also ask about the 2.0L turbo engine. Some folks seem to ask about tire sizes and brake pads as well so perhaps this could be expanded to include them
Thank you and very true. I too would be curious as to know the tire size for the stock wheels on the 2013 Kia Optima EX, in addition to know what the treadware for the tires are as well. Though given how in active this particular thread has been i will more likely than not need to wait until I get back to the states. Not to mention I haven't tried to use the search function as new tires are not particularly on my list but certainly would be something I would probably order before I get back to the states. But if anyone wants to include information on other aspects of our cars which are specific information, please share it. Too many threads here only tell us what to do but not any sizes of what. Ex: to do an oil changes, remove this, remove that and put in your new fluid. Etc. Anyways, I hope this thred can assist those in the future who seek the information I once needed.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'm seeing oil filters on ebay ending in 35504. I've also seen reference to 35503 and 35505, so what gives?
I think the oil filter is common to the 2.4 and 2.0T engines...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm seeing oil filters on ebay ending in 35504. I've also seen reference to 35503 and 35505, so what gives?
I'm not sure - call your local Kia stealership and ask them the part number for your specific vehicle. For me, I just don't trust ebay. I'd spend the extra money somewhere else, but if you dont ever have any issues with buying anything on ebay, go for it, if its cheaper.

I was told by both Kia places I called my part number for the oil filter was "2630035505" so that is what I went with. No issues so far. Hope all of the other information in this thread was helpful for you! Cheers!

·
Registered
478 Posts
35503 (old), 35504 (newer), 35505 (newest)

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Yup 35505 is the newest/current OEM part number applicable to pretty much nearly all Kia/Hyundai 1.6/2.0/2.4L engines; I just purchased a 10-pack (filters and washers) from eBay for $40--and yes it appears to be genuine as it has the Mobis hologram sticker on the housing and the Hyundai embossed logo inside the filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts