Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I took my 2019 Optima in to a local dealership today due to a slight leak by the back of my interior roof lining, and the roof lining seems loose in the back as well it rattles when I go over bumps. So the dealership stated it is not covered by the warranty because they are blaming the problem on the people that tinted my back window and/ or that put my rear window roof spoiler that also has a 3rd brake light. And they said it would be hundreds of dollars to fix. I think they are full of it. They want me to pay 200 for the window Dr to look at it. Anyone else have any issues with any roof leaks or paneramic roof leaks? They just don’t want to honor the warranty after I had a couple of minor mods.

·
Registered
159 Posts
STEALERSHIP. After I painted my calipers red I though what if I have brake issues? I know in my mind that painting the fronts of the calipers would not cause any issues but the STEALERSHOP would find fault in it.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
How are the wires routed for the additional brake light?

Maybe the water is coming in through the holes needed to route the wiring?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wires goes down through the side of the rear window into the trunk on the passenger side not into inside the car itself by the back seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
STEALERSHIP. After I painted my calipers red I though what if I have brake issues? I know in my mind that painting the fronts of the calipers would not cause any issues but the STEALERSHOP would find fault in it.
I know I got mine painted as well, good point, God forbid anything ever went wrong with my calipers they would probably say the same. I hear u STEALERSHIP!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
BTW ... How did you smoke your taillights. They look good.

I know I got mine painted as well, good point, God forbid anything ever went wrong with my calipers they would probably say the same. I hear u STEALERSHIP!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW ... How did you smoke your taillights. They look good.
Thanks. Got the tail lights vinyl wrapped at this place in jersey called Wrap Mogul. He did the pillars next to the Panoramic roof,my spoiler also and did the chrome well on the sides above the windows. I still want to do a Complete chrome delete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts