Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SX Snow White Pearl, Launch Edition pkg.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Struck me as odd that there is gloss black accents in the bumper, rocker panels and strip on rear bumper but the diffuser is a matter grayish/brown.

Yesterday I masked off the rear and primed, painted and clear coated in gloss black. Really pleased with how it came out. Letting it sit in the sun all day today. Pictures don’t do it justice.

FYI I had planned to take it off to paint but the instructions I read for the previous gen model didn’t seem to apply.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes I think it will. Will know after the first winter. I’ve cleaned the spot off pretty good since I got it in August. It’s back. I’m figuring I’m using a qt of oil every 1000 miles. Already had the P1326 hit and the knock sensor was replaced. So it has the KSDS software. n/c. 😎

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
484 Posts
Thanks. Yes I think it will. Will know after the first winter. I’ve cleaned the spot off pretty good since I got it in August. It’s back. I’m figuring I’m using a qt of oil every 1000 miles. Already had the P1326 hit and the knock sensor was replaced. So it has the KSDS software. n/c. 😎
I use never dull to constantly clean my tailpipes. since my exhaust is open it gets way worse than that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will give it a try. This is my car to keep miles off my 2021 VW GLI. Neuspeed catback exhaust on that one that you could literally eat off the tail pipes. 😎

1 - 5 of 5 Posts