Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2014 SXL. So far I love it. Today I took on my biggest project with it. I bought it and the wheels were black plastidip. The plastidip was peeling and torn in multiple places. Not super detailed, but looked like this.

I spent a few hours with WD40, Brake parts cleaner, and elbow grease and got it off. Only to find the reason why they had plastidipped them, was the chrome was peeling on every wheel. Looked like this!

So I decided to give them the good ole rattle can treatment. Here's what I used.
2019-11-02 11.21.56.jpg

Sanded, primed, painted, and then cleared. I did multiple coats of each. Here's the final product.

The color is black with ALOT of metallic flake in it. Here are a few night time shots that show a bit more of the flake.

I have other pics of the entire process, but I'll save everyone the time. So what does everyone think? The pics aren't exactly accurate on the color, but they are close. I'm pretty happy with the result. For a day's work and $35 in rattle cans, I don't think it could be any better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2014 SXL. So far I love it. Today I took on my biggest project with it. I bought it and the wheels were black plastidip. The plastidip was peeling and torn in multiple places. Not super detailed, but looked like this.
The wheels look great! Would you mind posting those additional pictures and details of the process? I'm thinking about doing this on my 2013 SXL, thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts