Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SXL sangria in color looks great , but has some bubbles in the paint above the passenger side front wheel. I can live with it as it is. I am concerned its going to get worse and start peeling in the future. I took it to the Kia dealer I purchased it from. They took pictures to submit to Kia to evaluate. It is still covered under warranty according to the service tech. But the dealer will not fix the problem until Kia authorizes. It been two weeks and no response from Kia. Has other members had paint problems. If so, did Kia fix the problem?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
207 Posts
Mmm. Kia still has paint problems. I know people that owned older SWP (like 11-13) cars had problems where the paint would literally chip and come off the car while being washed or touched for that matter. I didn't know the new ones still had paint problems.:rolleyes:

I guess that's a problem across all manufacturers though because the new Accord has owners complaining about their paint peeling/chipping as well. My parent's 2018 ES also has some of the worst paint I've ever seen it chips sooo easily......
At this point, everyone might as well wrap their vehicles as soon as they drive off the lot.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
145 Posts
EPA regulations. Every car has problems. It’s to the point of lease and dump. No more owning cars for long periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.