Kia Optima Forums banner

Paddle Shifter Addon

45K views 72 replies 38 participants last post by  gr82bkellan 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a quick video on how to install the paddle shifter on a non sx optima w/o heated steering. Few things you will need: Small flat screwdriver and 22mm socket. You will need this: WIRE for 2012 Kia Optima|56190-2T520 and PADDLE SWITCH RIGHT for 2012 Kia Optima|96780-2T000 and PADDLE SWITCH LEFT for 2012 Kia Optima|96770-2T000 . DO NOT get any of the wiring harness deals on ebay as they will be for Korean spec cars and the wires are in a different config and they WILL NOT WORK! Here is the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnw8YY3dBq4

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
^^ yup!

Although I have a 2011 SX the 2012+ show the outside temp always, while the 2011 only displays it as one of the menu options instead.

Here is the well known 2012+ cluster:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Auto part

See how it shows temp? On mine is says ODO, as to let you know what the numbers to the right are lol

Karl is yours the 2011 or 12 SX cluster?

#10 ·
Awesome DIY Goober

#12 ·
Goober, awesome mod! I may do this for my LX soon. I really like the OEM-ness :D

#16 ·
Pretty neat man! Great video as well, think it gives me the confidence to try this myself.

#19 ·
Great Job !

For the price I think I'll end up doing this.

Did you ever make a DIY on the SX Cluster swap? I didn't see it in your uploaded videos...

#20 ·
I have all the materials ready to install, but i have one question... in the video, where he has the ground wire scotch locked....
Is the ground wire cut and spliced into the new wire or did he just tap into the ground and not cut?

The reason i ask is because im looking at the harness right now and the ground wire also runs to each of the paddle switches. so if i cut , wont it lose the signal to the switch????

iM STUCK,

#26 ·
Done! I' ve been wanting to do this mod for a looong time. Thanks for the guidance Goober, could not have done it wiothout your help! Im adding some pics of how i spliced the harness by tapping into the orange/black wire for the ground just to help illustrate to others interested in this mod since you could not really see that in your vid.. Hope it Helps.
Such a fun lil mod!

#30 ·
That was goober that swapped clusters, not me. I just installed the paddles. Goob and I seem to be on the same page though, as im willing to bet he got that cluster from ebay. The same one I had my eye on..... but at least it went to a knowledgeable member of the forum. And yes I think we need a diy on the cluster swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.