Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I got a P2565 code and last week I got a P2562 code. The car seems like a dog now. I've read a few posts that a reflash will solve this, but my question why? 72,000 trouble free miles and now all of the sudden I need a reflash??? Will a reflash solve both codes and what does a reflash cost?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
173 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I got a P2565 code and last week I got a P2562 code. The car seems like a dog now. I've read a few posts that a reflash will solve this, but my question why? 72,000 trouble free miles and now all of the sudden I need a reflash??? Will a reflash solve both codes and what does a reflash cost?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
173 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, according to Kia, it was the wastegate solenoid - a whopping $980 charge. And of course not covered by my extended warranty 🤬

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
173 Posts
Well, according to Kia, it was the wastegate solenoid - a whopping $980 charge. And of course not covered by my extended warranty 🤬
What was the voltage of the yellow wire
Did you attempt the tsb yourself? it's not too hard unless the bottom nut on the rod doesn't want to come off and you have to replace it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts