Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Optima 2016 Optia fe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly a year ago I posted the following.

Recently been receiving this P200A performance issue code from my OBD2 reader. The reading has been intermittent in that it disappears for a few days, and reappears. It is designated as an important issue that needs to be addressed asap. It's intermittent nature however and some research causes me to believe this may well be a false positive.
My vehicle is a 2016 Kia Optima 2.4 engine with 140,000 Mi. Has anyone also experience this problem or is otherwise knowledgeable as to this issue. What do you recommend?

Was in days of posting the error code ceased. A year later and 10,000 mi more the reading has reappeared. This reinforces my belief that it is a reading or diagnosis snafu. Anyone have any thoughts or references for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
382 Posts
Nearly a year ago I posted the following.

Recently been receiving this P200A performance issue code from my OBD2 reader. The reading has been intermittent in that it disappears for a few days, and reappears. It is designated as an important issue that needs to be addressed asap. It's intermittent nature however and some research causes me to believe this may well be a false positive.
My vehicle is a 2016 Kia Optima 2.4 engine with 140,000 Mi. Has anyone also experience this problem or is otherwise knowledgeable as to this issue. What do you recommend?

Was in days of posting the error code ceased. A year later and 10,000 mi more the reading has reappeared. This reinforces my belief that it is a reading or diagnosis snafu. Anyone have any thoughts or references for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Optima 2016 Optia fe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. HOWEVER. 400, mi later it again ceased with the warning. Apparently this is either an intermittent issue or there is a warning signal issue.
Are you, another member or a Kia (certified) mechanic that has an explanation, official or otherwise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts