Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined the p1326 club :( car showed error suddenly after leaving the gas station.. now at dealership, fingers crossed :(
I just joined the club as well on my 2012 Forte Koup. Any word on a resolution for your issues? Fortunately for me the engine is not seized, but we’re in limp mode and the check engine light and p1236 are present.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Call your local dealer, ask them to pick it up as it won't drive safely (speed is limited). See the attached settlement, Kia owes you an examination to determine if your auto falls under the settlement and if so you're owed a rental and a new long block (all existing accessories remain). Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Call your local dealer, ask them to pick it up as it won't drive safely (speed is limited). See the attached settlement, Kia owes you an examination to determine if your auto falls under the settlement and if so you're owed a rental and a new long block (all existing accessories remain). Luck.
Called Kia dealer this morning and will be having AAA tow it over there tomorrow. I had the KSDS updated a year ago and have since then put around 13.5k on the car. But over the last couple months have been driving less than 5 miles daily as my life irk is less than a mile from home. Randomly came on, oil is full, don’t really hear a knock or anything when running so we’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had a week long road trip which culminated with my engine light starting to flash and diminished power only 2 miles from home (thankfully)! Took it to a local mechanic and he said he got a P1326 code when he ran the diagnostic. Suggested I take it to KIA as it may be covered. It's being towed there as I write this. 2015 Kia Optima with 130,000 miles. Hoping for good news as far as coverage goes, but when I called them they said they'd have to run a diagnostic themselves to confirm the code, and would then have to call corporate to see if it's covered. Being that I've had all my oil changes done elsewhere, I have a pessimistic feeling that it'll be like pulling teeth to get them to cover it.

The mechanic that initially looked at it anecdotally told me he had a customer a couple years ago that had a similar issue, and that he was told it's covered, but that it would take a year to get the engine in stock as there was a shortage.
Anxious to find out if this will have a happy ending, or if I'll be looking for a new car. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Some folks on here do report delays yet not a year. Kia settled (see attached above), if the settlement applies they also owe you a rental for the duration of the repair. The coverage is a long block (all other parts re-used) if they determine excessive rod bearing wear along with having its software updates. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some folks on here do report delays yet not a year. Kia settled (see attached above), if the settlement applies they also owe you a rental for the duration of the repair. The coverage is a long block (all other parts re-used) if they determine excessive rod bearing wear along with having its software updates. Let us know what happens.
My appointment was for 7:30am yesterday morning (even though my car was towed there last Wednesday). After lunchtime, I called just to see if there was any news. The service guy I talked to seemed a little annoyed that I was calling so soon. He said we’re really busy, and there are several people ahead of you. We’ll look at later today or tomorrow. I guess I thought having a 7:30am appointment meant they’d actually look at it somewhere within that time frame. At least run the diagnostic. But I digress.

Got a call from him this morning. Literally lasted less than 30 seconds. He said “You need a new engine. It’ll take 2-3 weeks. Do you need a rental?” I said yes, and he said he’d set it up, then he hung up. I wasn’t expecting it to be that easy without them requesting service records. The weird thing is though, he didn’t specifically say “it’s fully covered.” I assume it is as he didn’t quote me any price, but he could have explained it a little better. I’m calling tomorrow just to be sure everything’s covered. It would be nice to actually hear them say that. Fingers crossed all goes well.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts