Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday my engine started blinking today I took to autozone to get a reading they gave me the P1326,C1611, C1612,C1652
My car hasn’t had any problems since I’ve got it it’s a 2013 Kia Optima sxl got this car in feb 2019 I’ve stayed up on oil changes I’m single female I try to do what’s best for it the reading said knock sensor wiring harness does this cost a lot to repair can I still drive to work I have no way to get to work I don’t want to loose my job

·
Registered
5 Posts
The P1326 is the knock sensor detector which usually indicates your engine is toast.

Good news, from the settlement, Kia has to replace the engine and give you a loaner at new cost.

Go to the Kia dealer.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
You might want to call ahead to verify if the dealership has loaner vehicles available, because they are supposed to provide a loaner if they determine the engine needs to be replaced. Assuming you have a choice between dealerships.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,386 Posts
If you drive the car chances are you won't be able to go more than 2000 RPM and with the code, comes limp mode.
Do not erase the code(s) and as above, take it to a Kia dealership, but they will determine if it is an engine problem or false alarm, harness problem.
Hopefully the former, and a new engine will be installed, but just keep in mind if it is an engine problem, it could seize at any time, so don't delay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drop the car off this morning they didn’t say anything about a loaner just might keep it for 10 days

The P1326 is the knock sensor detector which usually indicates your engine is toast.

Good news, from the settlement, Kia has to replace the engine and give you a loaner at new cost.

Go to the Kia dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts