Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as I made it over the George Washington bridge the check engine light starts to flash and car goes into limp mode. I made it off the highway and onto the local street and ran the built diagnostics. Nothing, no critical issues found reads the screen. I pull out my BlueDriver obdII scanner and plug it in. Up comes a P1326 code. I click on it to get the meaning and I lose my signal on my phone,aarghh. I leave the car and walk around 15 ft until I get a signal. Knock sensor reads the description. ****. Call AAA and have myself towed back to New York. Dropped car off at dealer and now I am sitting up in bed typing this, nervous as heck in hopes that with 145K this is and will be covered by the warranty. I need everyones prayers.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,226 Posts
Everyone needs a pray if they own a Kia/Hyundai product, especially with these engines.
To ease your mind, if the recalls and updates have been done, and the P1326 isn't a false code, there should be no problems
when they replace the engine, and a loaner car is a mandatory requirement. The problem arises if they find that the P1326 is
a false code, no actual engine problem, but some stealerships have no idea how to manage this, just use a bandaide and send the
car on its way. Rather than going off on a tangent, let's just assume the engine is kaput and in a couple of weeks you'll drive
out in your vehicle with a new engine.

Get some sleep and let us know the outcome

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer called and said the issue was not the engine but the knock sensor assembly itself. Still covered under warranty. Lets see in the next few weeks how this goes.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,226 Posts
Dealer called and said the issue was not the engine but the knock sensor assembly itself. Still covered under warranty. Lets see in the next few weeks how this goes.
Thanks for the update, hopefully the fix will be permanent and not reoccuring like most, to the point where it becoms a nusance.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must say I do find it suspicious that the part that detects the recall issue is the only part needing replacement, how convenient for KIA. Only time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts