Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m pretty sure I’ve just joined the P1326 club. I have a 2016 Optima EX with only 52,000 miles on it. Bought it brand new. Literally drive it 5 miles to and from work. Got gas the other day, got a car wash and was driving home and went around a round-about and up a little hill when the car went into limp mode and the check engine flashed on. Thankfully I was less than a mile from home so I limped back and it’s been in the garage since. Had to wait for my fiancé to come home to run a code and it’s P1326. Bad news is I live over 3 hours away from the nearest Kia dealership. I’m hoping I’m covered under that warranty everyone is talking about. I have one of those fabulous 2.4L GDI engines….I remember them doing a software thing a couple years ago last time I took it in for an oil change but I can’t remember what it was for. Im assuming since my fail safe was activated with the limp mode I did in fact have that update done. Personally I’m hoping it’s just a sensor error as I’ve had no issues with my car. It’s not losing/burning oil and I haven’t heard any “knocking” sounds. We checked my oil to see if there were any flakes and it just looks “glittery” so I’m not sure if that’s the normal oil or not (we just changed it about a month ago). No big flakes. Could totally be my eyes. Has anyone had any luck if I were to call them to come pick up my car? I really don’t want to pay and I have no funds to pay for a tow company to take it that far. If worse comes to worse we do have an enclosed trailer I could haul it in but I’d have to take a bunch of crap out in order to drive my car in it. Has anyone gotten the code and just had it been a simple fix? Freaking out if I have to pay 5 grand for a new engine when the car itself isn’t that old and has limited miles for how long I’ve had it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,217 Posts
First, as long as the KSDS update has been done, the engine has the lifetime warranty, at least for the bearing knock/issue.
There have been a few that have gotten the code after going through a car wash, and found that a knock sensor replacement cured the problem.
As the sensor is buried up under the intake manifold, it certainly doesn't get wet when going through a car wash, but as to why the P1326 code is set, no answer.

Any labor related to the P1326 code is to be free of charge, but don't believe they would entertain footing the bill for a 3 hour tow, but who knows, so give them a call and see what they say. If a negative reply, you could drive the car to the dealership and if the engine goes boom en route, they would need to have it towed.

As the stealership is 3 hours away, I normally don't recommend this especially if the engine is seized, but if the oil is full, no knocks, car runs fine, erase the code and drive the car. If the CEL comes on again, either a major engine problem or a bad sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts