Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, before arriving at the office I felt it shake when I was accelerating and the check engine light blinked once. Later I saw this code, should I be concerned? or wait for it to happen again? I dont know when was the last time the spark plugs were switched.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Multimedia
P03

· Registered
475 Posts
It is warning you, I would get a set and take care of it before it gets worse. Could also be a coil, you can check that be swapping # 3 with another and see if the miss changes. Luck.

· Registered
2013 Kia Optima
587 Posts
Yesterday, before arriving at the office I felt it shake when I was accelerating and the check engine light blinked once. Later I saw this code, should I be concerned? or wait for it to happen again? I dont know when was the last time the spark plugs were switched.

View attachment 251972 P03
Get a set of NGK laser iridium or HKS plugs and definitely a coil for that cylinder. Coils are not that expensive. Just don't install a Chinese coil. Maybe a bottle of STP Direct Injection Fuel Injector Cleaner in the gas tank in case of an injector issue.

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
4,414 Posts
Nice to know engine and mileage. Plugs will last a long time, have had them over 150k miles on a N/A engine and no problems, but at some point they will fail. Hopefully just a plug, but won't know until they're pulled, checked, changed.

As above, stick with the NGK iridium plugs.
Did look up info and found it to be a Hybrid, good luck.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the answers, I just checked the coils...

btw it is 90000 kms / 55000 miles, engine nu hybrid 2.0 I think.

Strange that all the coils have slightly different resistivity (from 7 kOhm to 3.5 kOhm) and they look a bit different, but they have the same part number outside, the rubber boot looks longer in the middle ones. I ordered 4 coils and 4 spark plugs, everything is quite dirty and since they look different I will just replace them all.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another shitty thing is that the isolation foam on the high pressure fuel pump was cracked in the middle..... I guess is not big deal but probably a shitty prior service just pulling it wrong to remove it -____- I dont know if I can buy a new one, cant find the exact same in ebay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts