Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2011 optima sx 2.0t 138k miles engine replaced at 126k,bought the car 2 mos ago and light came on 1 week later.i replace exhaust solenoid with oem hyundai unit checked power at connector have 12v oil is mobile 1 5w30 with oem oil filter,i even changed the exhaust cam sensor.any ideas?will this be covered under the engine warranty?car runs perfect by the way!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any ideas?ithere are 2 wires 1 green from fuse checks good and a yellow wire goes directly to pcm and has continuity at pin 84.Did anyone hear of a vvy sprocket phazer go bad?do you think it would be covered under the engine warranty?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Wish I could help you out, but have never needed to attack that code with an Optima. Yeas ago a Honda needed just to have the valve cleaned, and another was low on oil, but I believe the screen for the Kia is in the block and as you have a new engine that shouldn't 't be a problem. Sure engine was replaced?
I'd say no to the warranty, but can never predict what Kia will do with a new engine, but the external items come from the old engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i called no warranty except for rod and main bearings,engine was replaced at dealer 13k miles ago confirmed from kia usa.Has anyone ever heard of the vvt sprocket assm going bad?thats the only thing i could think of!i even tried another vvt solenoid with no luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the motor replaced in my 2011 EX GDI. Was not a recall replacement because my VIN was not for recall, but the engine failed like the ones that were being recalled. So a motor from a 2011 LX was put in place. I now have the P0014 code, but the care runs great, a little rough on idle, but nothing of concern. Car seems faster. I did put a OBD2 reader on it while driving and the car is advance at 36 degrees at 75 MPH, advances 42 degrees on acceleration. I know the ODB2 readers are not all that accurate on rating performance, but it did register 248 HP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts