Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Optima EX 2.4l GDI Theta 2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and looking for assistance on identifying what looks like a burnt out sensor. I own a 2016 Optima EX with the 2.4L Theta II GDI. My check engine light came on this morning for codes P0010 & P0011 suggesting there is an issue with the camshaft timing circuit. I was going to check out the solenoid first when I noticed this sensor looks like it is totally fried. I am having trouble finding a replacement part for this as I assume it is a camshaft position sensor but I can not find any that match this orientation. So to simplify, what is the name of this burnt sensor, and could it cause an error code P0010 & P0011?

20210604_152726.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Most likely a dealer only part but check around. Lots of videos on utube, here's one:

·
Registered
2016 Optima EX 2.4l GDI Theta 2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing this video. It is very helpful for showing the process. He provides a part number for both the cover assembly and the sensor; however, when I look up just the sensor part number it seems to be some sort of plug instead. I will probably just buy the whole cover assembly and pull the sensor off of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts