Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, ive been away for awhile but I just came home today with a 2020 SWP SX with all the options. One things has me confused. The Kia website shows the mirrors folding like my 2015 ex used to do and the manual shows it to. However I can’t find a button to do so and I don’t see anything in the dash config. Did Kia make a mistake with advertising? This SX has every option available. What am I missing?

on a second note I will be selling the following from my 2015 optima. Led tail lights. dual projector headlights and led fog lights from the optima Store. Will also include the HID conversion I put in the low beams. Will post prices and pics later. Pm if interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,107 Posts
I see in the owner's manual that the fold button is in front of the mirror adjustment switch on the door.

·
Registered
2019 Optima SX
81 Posts
Not available anymore, the picture shown is from a 2019 or older and is supposed to be high-lighting the lighted door pockets, just happens to show the older folding mirrors.

The folding mirror option had been getting pushed out over the past few years. In 2019, it was only available in the SX Limited package. Now for 2020, they have dropped the Limited package.

The Limited package does not appear to be available for 2020. I do not see it on the web site, nor do I see any of the options in the package shown as available under the SX trim. The Limited package in 2019 contained:
Power Folding mirrors
Dark Satin finish wheels
Chrome accent side sills
Surrond-view monitor
Heated rear seats
Nappa leather, cross stitch seats
Rear Side window shades
Black suede head liner

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
313 Posts
That's really weird. My base 2016 SX has it. Guess they needed to cut costs somewhere, and figured most people wouldn't care about this option. Comes in handy in a tight garage...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's really weird. My base 2016 SX has it. Guess they needed to cut costs somewhere, and figured most people wouldn't care about this option. Comes in handy in a tight garage...
Or the automatic car washes. O well...David, where is the aftermarket kit man? Slacker....lol

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
745 Posts
On the Kia website if you go to Optima and select Compare Trims, Power-folding mirror feature is not even mentioned/listed--it just says "Power-Adjustable Outside Mirrors"; for comparison if you do a Compare Trims on the Stinger, Power-Folding Mirrors is listed. Indeed it would seem that for 2020 there is indeed no SXL trim option--notice that Nappa Leather is not available even as an option either. Hopefully either/both options--plus whatever else got decontented in 2020--returns in the 2021 model.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,107 Posts
Why do the morons have it in the 2020 owner's manual?
Guess it's too much for them to redo the manual when they delete equipment, so just leave it in there, maybe nobody will notice.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or the automatic car washes. O well...David, where is the aftermarket kit mn
Why do the morons have it in the 2020 owner's manual?
Guess it's too much for them to redo the manual when they delete equipment, so just leave it in there, maybe nobody will notice.
amen. Tried out the “smart trunk” today. Worthless. It pops up like an inch so you still have to put down what your carrying to pick up the lid. Pointless gimmick. Otherwise, loving the car. The sounds system is amazing.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
449 Posts
Or the automatic car washes. O well...David, where is the aftermarket kit mn

amen. Tried out the “smart trunk” today. Worthless. It pops up like an inch so you still have to put down what your carrying to pick up the lid. Pointless gimmick. Otherwise, loving the car. The sounds system is amazing.

While the (eBay link in above post) Spring has Adjustable Length, confirm the two Grab Points in my Pic are roughly same distance for you as in the Pic.
This works IF your trunk lid arm (spring can attach to) that moves back when trunk lid Closed (& stretches spring for lift-up tension) is usable length from the other stationary grab point in Pic.
Sprayed trunk lid rubber with Vinylex and lid has NOT stuck since. Was only random before, anyway.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,542 Posts
David, you need to make a hydralic add on kit for the smart trunk. Think you would have alot of interest.
how you been man?
We actually had one we sold back in the day, but it had issues, so we stopped selling it.

Been doing well, thanks man. Hope you have been doing good as well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ju
We actually had one we sold back in the day, but it had issues, so we stopped selling it.

Been doing well, thanks man. Hope you have been doing good as well.
just bought some more goodies from you. Assuming the HKS BOV fits the 2020 SX?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,542 Posts
Just bought some more goodies from you. Assuming the HKS BOV fits the 2020 SX?
Awesome, just had them shipped out today, last minute for you.

It should, but please confirm and let me know once you get it, so I can update out site.

Thank you for your new order. :)

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
170 Posts
The Limited Pkg has been removed for the 2020 model year along with power-folding mirrors for every trim. KIA removed power-folding mirrors from the 2019 models (except the SXL). I remember in 2016-2017 when you could get Power-Folding mirrors on an LX.

They removed these things from the 2020 MY because the car is getting redesigned for 2021. So I'm assuming the SXL trim will be back for 2021 with even more features. Unless the SXL trim won't be back because KIA doesn't/didn't sell many of those (especially for the 2019 MY). They even split the EX into 2 different trim levels EX and EX Premium along with adding in the Special Edition Optima.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima
15 Posts
Looks like they work automatically with Your fob as you get near or walk away is when they fold.
hi all, ive been away for awhile but I just came home today with a 2020 SWP SX with all the options. One things has me confused. The Kia website shows the mirrors folding like my 2015 ex used to do and the manual shows it to. However I can’t find a button to do so and I don’t see anything in the dash config. Did Kia make a mistake with advertising? This SX has every option available. What am I missing?

on a second note I will be selling the following from my 2015 optima. Led tail lights. dual projector headlights and led fog lights from the optima Store. Will also include the HID conversion I put in the low beams. Will post prices and pics later. Pm if interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
745 Posts
Has anyone actually tried/tested that (auto fold/unfold when you arm/disarm (or approach) the vehicle? In any case, the lack of the autofold mirror button on the door panel would seem to indicate that it is not possible to manually initiate the mirror auto fold/unfold.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone actually tried/tested that (auto fold/unfold when you arm/disarm (or approach) the vehicle? In any case, the lack of the autofold mirror button on the door panel would seem to indicate that it is not possible to manually initiate the mirror auto fold/unfold.
I have. I have also manually folded the mirrors. They aren’t actuatEd for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts