Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new 2019 Optima LX in early December. 1st new car I bought since 1985...and was well ovedue. The most impressive feature of this new car - is that I do not feel any up or down gear shifting. Very smooth and was quite impressed with the six-speed. I also like the icon that appears in the side view mirrors when another car is on either side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing that did surprise me about my leftover 2019 Optima, was that it did not come with a spare tire.

The car came with a tire seal kit - that will work on a tread puncture, but not on any sidewall punctures. There is room in the trunk for a donut tire / wheel, but I would have to buy those items. Kia must want to save vehicle weight to improve mileage and save $'s.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,770 Posts
You're not alone as many come w/o a spare, how about a Porsche Panamera or BMW, but many of those cars come equipped with runflat tires, another waste.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,811 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2019 Optima LX model.

Definitely a nice upgrade from an older 1985 model.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find. (other than the spare tire setup) ;)

-David

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up my new 2019 Optima LX in early December. 1st new car I bought since 1985...and was well ovedue. The most impressive feature of this new car - is that I do not feel any up or down gear shifting. Very smooth and was quite impressed with the six-speed. I also like the icon that appears in the side view mirrors when another car is on either side.
Welcome and congrats on your new Optima. All the best!

·
Registered
2020 Horizon Blue Kia Optima SX
37 Posts
As far as I know only the SX models come with the actual spare tire. The dealer briefed me when I bought my car that ALL Kias only have the tire repair kit and when we inspected the car we noticed my SX had the spare. A little homework on the Kia build-page shows the spare tire optional on models short of SX. Kia sells them for like $400 or something ridiculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts