Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appreciate guidance, this will be my first new car purchase.
Dealership in Eugene Oregon is offering 3500 back for the 2020 optima which brings the price down for sure...,the biggest differences I’m seeing are the K5 LX (baseline model) is turbo.
We test drove the 2020 Optima today and it’s pretty darn zippy and if I’m correct the HP is 180 for both.

Thx, Elle

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6
108 Posts
It really just depends on what you value.

The 2020 Optima LX does seem to have a more adjustable standard driver seat. The 2020 Optima is also at the end of a life cycle with an older non-turbo powertrain, so it will likely have the best fit-and-finish/quality-control. The chances of having any decent issues over the life of the car is practically nil. If you don't care about having the latest thing and just want comfortable reliable transportation then the 2020 LX with the discount would be a win for me. Would be curious to see what others on here say.

The new K5 LX has a noticeable increase in fuel economy, is probably quieter, and has standard LED headlights.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,239 Posts
I have a 2017 Hybrid based on the standard car from before the facelift, I noticed KIA has started to remove options on the newer cars. If you compare both, the newer car will have newer tech, materials, less cabin noise and will be slightly larger inside. The outgoing model (2020) will be a solid choice as the issues for that model will have been worked out by now, the new one will have some stuff that you can expect with any new generation of cars. Unless you are loving the latest look and really want what it has to offer, the extra cash off plus dealer discount makes the 2020 a better deal. I would see if they have any extra money off, to discount that 2020.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I doubt you will be getting any kind of discount on th K5. It has gotten rave reviews. It will be selling at near sticker price is my guess. But it does have alot more updates. Just my opinion get an EX instead of the LX. For the money you get a lot more features with the EX. I'm a die hard Kia fan bought my first Kia back in 2002 a Spectra. Then a new 2007 kia optima lx. And now my favorite 2015 kia Optima hybrid EX. Love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Optima and am very happy with it. The discounts are great and I personally don't like the K5's fastback look, It reminds me too much of that porsche SUV. Money, looks and end of model reliability were my reasons for the 2020 Optima.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a brand new 2019 SX a few weeks ago...as it was sitting next to the new K5. Way more features, better motor, and cheaper price w/ the discounts. I like the way the K5 looks better...but the value proposition of the new '19 was just too good to pass up.

I'll likely trade it in a few years to get a K5 tho as I'm a big fan of the design. Just need that GT version!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I doubt you will be getting any kind of discount on th K5. It has gotten rave reviews. It will be selling at near sticker price is my guess. But it does have alot more updates. Just my opinion get an EX instead of the LX. For the money you get a lot more features with the EX. I'm a die hard Kia fan bought my first Kia back in 2002 a Spectra. Then a new 2007 kia optima lx. And now my favorite 2015 kia Optima hybrid EX. Love it.
I was given $2,000 in rebates/discounts on my 2021 K5 EX. It's not a lot, and probably not as much of a discount as a 2020 Optima, but it sure helped.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima Lx
11 Posts
Strangely the 2021 K5 lx does not have a folding rear seat, the 2020 Optima lx does. That would be enough for me to go for Optima if I were going for a base lx model

1 - 9 of 9 Posts