Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a video I shot of my Optima Hybrid. Since I have some free time now, I decided to do an update video, this is over 3 year now and the car is still looking good overall. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Here is a video I shot with my Optima Hybrid...
Wow--who knew that an Optima Hybrid could be capable of shooting video... ;)

Nice video BTW...which leads me to the following tangent--I have a dash cam in my MBZ and it helped prove that my daughter wasn't at-fault when some guy backed into her car when he was pulling out of a parking stall. I have a dash-cam in my Optima as well; so far I haven't gotten into an accident with the Optima but its dash cam did catch a SUV clipping another vehicle while attempting a lane change.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, fixed that. The car looks really good but there are some nicks on her that irks me but she has held up well over the years.It doesn't have the push of the Stinger but is quite lively in it's own right.

I think you are lucky so far that nothing has happened to your car that the dash cam would come in handy for.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Very cool video, just finished watching it.

I like this one too:

It kind of reminds me of the videos that are made when the car 1st comes out.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks David! That's what I was going for with this one. When I started the project, I ran into issues with the autofocus and my ability to keep things steady enough on the hand holding portions. Plus the car was so darn clean inside, it looks almost like a brand new car! We have taken it for a few exterior wash over the past weeks but the interior doesn't it. I washed it before he video and I was just shocked how good it looked. Of course as you get closer, you see the stone chips on the hood and one on the side. This car is now, officially the longest I have had a car, the 535 M-Sport held that position at a little over 3 years.

We were planning on buying it out and still might, depending on when the 2021 Sorento Hybrid comes out. If they take too long, I will be past the lease extension and that is the only other hybrid vehicle I like at present. We checked out the Lexus vehicles, not a fan of the RX looks but didn't mind the smaller one not enough to trade when we visited them. That upcoming Venza looks nice but I prefer the look of the new Sorento. Will have to wait and see what happens next.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Thanks David! That's what I was going for with this one. When I started the project, I ran into issues with the autofocus and my ability to keep things steady enough on the hand holding portions. Plus the car was so darn clean inside, it looks almost like a brand new car! We have taken it for a few exterior wash over the past weeks but the interior doesn't it. I washed it before he video and I was just shocked how good it looked. Of course as you get closer, you see the stone chips on the hood and one on the side. This car is now, officially the longest I have had a car, the 535 M-Sport held that position at a little over 3 years.

We were planning on buying it out and still might, depending on when the 2021 Sorento Hybrid comes out. If they take too long, I will be past the lease extension and that is the only other hybrid vehicle I like at present. We checked out the Lexus vehicles, not a fan of the RX looks but didn't mind the smaller one not enough to trade when we visited them. That upcoming Venza looks nice but I prefer the look of the new Sorento. Will have to wait and see what happens next.
Welcome, and you did great work!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
Your video reminds me that one of these days I really need to, a) learn to take good videos; and b) learn how to do post-processing video editing.

Nice camera too!

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear you man. With the lockdown, I had more rime on my hands so watched so,e videos to refresh my mind on the editing I was learning through the first video I posted. For the recent ones, I was hitting up YouTube for things I wanted to do and found some other stuff I liked. DaVinci Resolve is a pretty powerful program and a lot of it is free for use. There are some things that are limited to the Studio version which you have to purchase for $299, that is a great price compared to Adobe Premier and their subscription service.

Once you start doing some videos and see how they look, you will get a better feel for it, the more you do the better you get. It takes time. I did another set of videos but realized they weren’t that great, then went out another day with a plan to do better, messed up again but took my time and multiple shots to find footage I like and could use. The editing took me a whole day to complete, about 12 hours. Then this one here was about 4, mainly due to looking for free music from YouTube to add to it and trying to match up the transitions with the music.

I’m taking advantage of the extra free hours I have and the long days, due to working from home and it being almost summer. This lockdown will end and it will be back to crazy long commute in the mornings and evenings. I encourage you to just start if you plan on learning how to take and make videos. A 1 man show isn’t easy but with time, it gets better.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
LOL yeah my problem is motivation and initiative--funny enough when I do find some spare time and decide to do something with it, I wind up using it on messing around with my arcade games.

I did just recently purchase a GoPro Hero 8 Black camera so maybe I'll get my Motorweek on and start recording some drive test videos or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts