Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 2018 Optima, beautiful little car I got from a Subaru dealer, and I noticed that it has the FE after Optima. Now, I know that FE stands for Fuel Efficient but I asked the employee about the trim model and he said that he didn't know. The car has 2.4L engraved in the motor but I would appreciate if anyone would know the trim. Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
Just another take off on the Optima LX 2.4 with 1 more mpg than the standard model. How does it see 1 more mpg, I have no idea, and if one looks through the Kia Optima models standard and factory options, there is no FE listed, at least what I could find. Does not have the smart key so that would keep it in the LX territory.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,442 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on getting your 2018 Kia Optima.

What Turbonut stated above is correct. Sounds like you have the 2.4L engine setup.

I personally thought the "FE" model was for the 1.6T LX models, but guess I was wrong.

-David

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
161 Posts
The FE badge came on most really early 2016 Optima's that had the LX Convenience Pkg (which is an amazing pkg and stupid that they discontinued it), then after a while, all the LX models began to come with them. Even some SX models have the FE badge. All 2019 LX Models have the FE badge.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,460 Posts
Remove the FE and really make people guess! :D

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
161 Posts
FYI, Optimas with the 16' inch wheels gets the FE badge (apparently it gets like 1 or 2 MPG better). That's why LX models with the 17'inch wheel upgrade don't have the badge. I still don't know why the SX models have the FE badge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts