Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I’m excited to be part of this community!

Over the past few months, I’ve been literally parsing hundreds of manufacturer’s sales spreadsheets to compile automotive sales figures for all vehicles sold in the US starting from 2005 and putting it up publicly in an easy to digest format for the greater automotive community. I’ve been breaking down the numbers down to sales over the year, quarter and month (if applicable).

Just wanted to share some numbers with the community here.

Happy to post any other sales numbers for any other vehicles or having these numbers be broken down every further if you would be interested in seeing that!

2020 Kia Optima Sales Figures

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
If you look at the sales p/yr by model, it's gloomy. Compare 2016 to 2019 only one model has sold more and that was the Sportage 8,212 more in 2019, they should be thankful for the Telluride and that is a nice vehicle. Even the Stinger slid from 2018 to 2019 with 18% less in sales.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was actually trying to find sales by trim level the other day, if that's even possible. Like how many 2015 SX and SXL models were either produced or sold.

That's not possible, is it?

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SX-T SWP, 2012 EX, Spicy Red
73 Posts
Hi everyone. I’m excited to be part of this community!

Over the past few months, I’ve been literally parsing hundreds of manufacturer’s sales spreadsheets to compile automotive sales figures for all vehicles sold in the US starting from 2005 and putting it up publicly in an easy to digest format for the greater automotive community. I’ve been breaking down the numbers down to sales over the year, quarter and month (if applicable).

Just wanted to share some numbers with the community here.

Happy to post any other sales numbers for any other vehicles or having these numbers be broken down every further if you would be interested in seeing that!

View attachment 248581
View attachment 248582
I'm sorry, the 2011-2015 models were some of the best looking; performing, and nice riding cars with nice han f ling and quality construction. For me, Kia just confirmed to.....not led tge midsized sedan market which itself is being eaten by small SUV's . So I think

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Yes, I would agree that some features NEED to be removed from the Optima, because Kia needs to move those features to higher-end vehicles, otherwise there would be no need to buy those fancy vehicles.

Almost as if they would need to sacrifice the Optima to avoid cannibalizing the Stinger or other vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts