Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Black Optima 2012
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, new here in this forum. I am debating. I live in Canada, Montreal. I was told the new Optima may come out in October-November this year. Nothing is sure. Should I wait for it or go for a deal on a 2020 Stinger?

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,267 Posts
Hmmm..., what are you looking for in a car? The 2021 K5 will have all the latest technology when compared to the Stinger, it will have a larger interior, be more fuel efficient (1.6T vs 2.0T or 3.3T if you go that route) and if the rumor is true, could come with an AWD system. In my household, we have a 2017 Optima Hybrid EX, which I have lowered and put some wider tires on. It's spacious and comfortable, drives and handles well for a mid-sized sedan and the trunk space is quite nice. The 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD is a whole other animal, fun to drive, can carve corners way better than the Optima, is quite comfortable in it's own right but with less interior space than the Optima and space beneath the hatch cover isn't as large. However, for normal daily cargo carrying, it is fine. I am not carting around folks most of the time and the space is fine for me.

It will really depend on your use case but the Stinger is a great car with the 3.3T and if economy and space isn't a big thing in your book and the deal is really good. I would be taking the Stinger.

·
Registered
Black Optima 2012
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, thank you for the information. I bought an Optima in 2012 and I still love it. I am close to 200,000 km on it. My biggest dilema is mostly when this new Optima will come out here in Canada. Nothing is official. I could get a 2020 Stinger GT Limited for 47,000 $CDN which I think will be the same price of this new Optima. I really don't care about the new technology. A car that parks itself is not my thing. Looking more for look and performance. The 365HP of the Stinger is tempting. But the new Optima has this new look that is hard to get your eyes off it! Hard choice for me!

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,267 Posts
I hear you, the 2021 Optima is a nice looking sedan with it's coupe styling but I don't think the GT will be released at the same time as the regular cars and for now, the 1.6T will be the top engine. If you drive that Stinger, the choice is easy. Even with the Optima GT's 2.5T putting out 290hp/311tq, the Stinger GT's 365hp/376tq is still going to be a lot more fun.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Both are great cars, and it really depends on what you are looking for.

I personally love the Optima, but the Stinger will definitely be the sportier option IMHO.

Whatever you decide we hope to see you around the forum.,

-David
K5 Optima Store

1 - 7 of 7 Posts