Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Premium Touring Package. SWP
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have some opinions on color to paint my calipers. Colors I am considering are Black, White, Or Metallic Blue
Thanks, Sonny

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
I was going to say red but it’s too much because your wheels are also red, I’d say blue or white and blue would probably be my best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SX-T SWP, 2012 EX, Spicy Red
73 Posts
I would like to have some opinions on color to paint my calipers. Colors I am considering are Black, White, Or Metallic Blue
Thanks, Sonny View attachment 248131
I would do metallic blue because of the rims. Otherwise people will only see those rims. White will just get dirty....but will help tone down the rims just a tad. With the rims you have...I can't tell if they are purple or a unique color red. I always say....what does your heart ❤ say?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would do metallic blue because of the rims. Otherwise people will only see those rims. White will just get dirty....but will help tone down the rims just a tad. With the rims you have...I can't tell if they are purple or a unique color red. I always say....what does your heart ❤ say?
The wheels are the factory "luxury" wheels sprayed with the Duplicolor Metal Specks Retro Red

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,147 Posts
LOL I never really understood the logic behind asking these kinds of vanity questions--e.g., what color this, or what rims that; when it comes to looks, your decision should be based on what looks good to YOU. Do you buy wheels based on whether they look good to you, or whether they look good to other people? If ten people say that some wheel looks really cool but you're not feeling the same vibe--do you still go ahead and buy the wheel?

OTOH if you honestly can't determine if something looks good on you car in your own eyes, then sure getting another opinion is fair.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never said I would follow the opinions I receive. I'm kind of an acquired taste anyway. Was kinda hoping for some suggestions I may not have thought of yet

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
I would say a metallic silver would look awesome with the red wheels. If you go blue will look like you are driving a US flag. White will be eventual regret once they get dirty and start to fade yellowish from the heat.

Update: just noticed your background so maybe blue is the way to go! : )

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
Do you plan to paint any parts in your engine bay? Often times people match their wheels (or calipers) to parts under the hood. Just something to think about.
Here's mine (they're aftermarket)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Clean up the stock calipers. The Silver alloy will look great with the red👍

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you plan to paint any parts in your engine bay? Often times people match their wheels (or calipers) to parts under the hood. Just something to think about.
Here's mine (they're aftermarket)
I painted this but did not like the way it turned out and am redoing it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts