Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have problem with my Kia Optima 2012 ex turbo 2.0 engine 80k miles. My turbo doesn’t work. I have checked my turbocharger boost sensor and it has some oil on it. check engine is on. Tried to clean it by sensor cleaner than erase check engine. It works for few days and than same problem. Turbo doesn’t work. Does anyone knows from where oil is coming to this sensor and what is an issue. help me please.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,596 Posts
Sorry don't know the details on that sensor, but there is a TSB for the turbo oil lines and oil leakage. My turbo lines were recently replaced free out of warranty.

But you would see oil dripping down if you had that problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I have problem with my Kia Optima 2012 ex turbo 2.0 engine 80k miles. My turbo doesn’t work. I have checked my turbocharger boost sensor and it has some oil on it. check engine is on. Tried to clean it by sensor cleaner than erase check engine. It works for few days and than same problem. Turbo doesn’t work. Does anyone knows from where oil is coming to this sensor and what is an issue. help me please.
Just changed that sensor in my '14 Sportage , 2 of them, immediate difference noticed. Also called the "MAP" sensor. $120 each from the dealer , $38.00 each from RockAuto

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 EX turbo had a bad waste gate actuator. Same symptom. Almost no power.... just enough to get it to the dealer.
Sorry to hear that, did it throw a code? They're not cheap-especially at the dealer, I'm hoping my codes aren't a mask and it actually is the actuator. What was the cost at the dealer ,if you don't mind?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I head to change at Kia Dealer waste gate actuator because it was adjusted before ones and they said it can’t be adjust again. Kia recommended to replace it for a new one and adjust. Total $1098

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.