Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid in for a Battery related Dash light message I was getting and they did some other computer updates and then after getting it home I had spotted oil on the driveway and did a bit of investigation and found a fairly significant leak coming from the circled component located above the oil filter.

Could one of you guys tell me what part this is? It seems like it's loose and I can wiggle it a little but not aware of how to fix the leak. Or if it's something that should be under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, after some googling I'm thinking it's an Oil Pressure Switch? I'm guessing the wire portion clip can be removed and the other piece unscrewed and replaced?

·
Being awesome every day!
2021 Sorento EX T-GDI
3,199 Posts
Certainly looks like a sensor. Clean the area really well with something like contact cleaner in a can and get the area clean and dry. Then start up the engine and let it run for a few minutes or until oil is warm. Then check that area again. If you can confirm it then either go get a new one or get dealer involved. If you're under 5yr/60K miles then yeah it should be covered.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It actually looks like it's leaking from somewhere on the connection below the circle. There is oil running down it to the filter. Looks like a rubber hose is attached above that 90. I'd check that first as there is probably a hose clamp of some sort involved there.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
Agreed, that lower thing seems to have the oil dripping on it. Here, I've circled the area where you see a long part with a stream of oil like on the shaft area, and then also to the right on the main base:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts