Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy....just curious if anyone purchases their oil filters anywhere other than Kia for OEM filters (part 26300-35505)? Every time I go to the dealership they seem to increase prices. I was paying 7.91 and then boom 12.31. WTF. I've done a quick search online, but figured someone might have a wildcard to share.

Btw...I have a local dealership that charges me 20 bucks to complete and oil change, lube hinges, makes sure tire pressure is at the number. I bring my own filter and oil. And....they wash the car. Not bad for 20 bones all while I enjoy a hot coffee.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,347 Posts
That's crazy! Maybe try asking them to give you a discount. I don't understand, that's almost twice the regular price!

In my area, the prices differ between dealerships. That's your best negotiating approach - don't fight the dealership, but just act innocent and explain how you'd love to make your purchases with them, but the other dealership is only charging $7, so could you guys match the other dealership's price?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response King Fatty. Yea, don't think that's gonna work. I've recently moved and this current dealership is brutal regarding service. Parts is brutal as well as I need a certain bolt for a wiring harness and they couldn't find the right part number after two goes. I had an issue with my folding mirror and was 1000 km over warranty. Since I had no history with them, they basically told me no chance for a good will. I'm not gonna ever bother with these guys Luckily it resolved itself after several months. I'm thinking it was bumped off track...? Anyway

I was hoping there was spot to get these filters online without back pedaling to the 04 filter models that I see on Ebay...plus, I've heard buying filters online can be sketchy ?‍♂

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,180 Posts
I've had no issues (knock on wood) with the OEM filters I bought from Amazon; granted that the filters were Hyundai-branded but the part # is one and the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts