Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me for certain if these wheels will fit a 2015 Optima EXwith the 17in wheels? 16in steel wheels have no fitment issue so I was assuming these would fit as well?

Also would anyone happen to know the wheel weight of these?

Would greatly appreciate any information.

Thomas

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,305 Posts
I'm going to stick my neck out and say they will fit. The 2015 EX has the same rotor, caliper specs as the LX and should pose no problem.

LX 11.8 in. vent. discs/11.2 in. solid discs EX 11.8 in. vent. discs/11.2 in. solid discs SX Turbo 12.6 in. vent. discs/11.2 in. solid discs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to stick my neck out and say they will fit. The 2015 EX has the same rotor, caliper specs as the LX and should pose no problem.

LX 11.8 in. vent. discs/11.2 in. solid discs EX 11.8 in. vent. discs/11.2 in. solid discs SX Turbo 12.6 in. vent. discs/11.2 in. solid discs
Thanks for the detailed answer turbonut! I was hoping you’d reply. Thank you.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,305 Posts
Turbonut, do you show the wheel bolt pattern and center bore to be the same as wheel?
Same spec. I tried 16" wheels on my '11 2.0T and the rear fit fine, but the fronts, no good, hit the calipers, but the car has the larger rotors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same spec. I tried 16" wheels on my '11 2.0T and the rear fit fine, but the fronts, no good, hit the calipers, but the car has the larger rotors.
Were they the same 16s I linked above? Is there anyway to cross the EX caliper part number vs the LX to see if there the same?

I just don’t want to pull the trigger on these if they won’t fit. Putting together a second wheel setup for winter tires.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,305 Posts
No, the 16's were off an '08 and you can look up the part number on the caliper, but I'll tell you now they are the same '11-'15 w/2.4.
The larger rotor is used on the 2.0T models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No, the 16's were off an '08 and you can look up the part number on the caliper, but I'll tell you now they are the same '11-'15 w/2.4.
The larger rotor is used on the 2.0T models.
Thanks Turbonut. I ended up picking up the wheels to use as a winter tire setup. The only thing that worries me now is I noticed the add said the bolt pattern is 5X115. I was under the impression that the 2011-2013 Optima used the same 5X114.3 as the 2015? Are you seeing the same bolt pattern between those years?

Edited to add. As I look around online, it seems many places list 5X115 and others use 5X114.3. As far as I can tell, OEM Kia wheels were never manufactured in 5X115, seems as though the ad was incorrect with its listing I’m assuming.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,305 Posts
Thanks Turbonut. I ended up picking up the wheels to use as a winter tire setup. The only thing that worries me now is I noticed the add said the bolt pattern is 5X115. I was under the impression that the 2011-2013 Optima used the same 5X114.3 as the 2015? Are you seeing the same bolt pattern between those years?

Edited to add. As I look around online, it seems many places list 5X115 and others use 5X114.3. As far as I can tell, OEM Kia wheels were never manufactured in 5X115, seems as though the ad was incorrect with its listing I’m assuming.
Late to reply, but yes all 5x114.3. Don't know why they would say 115 as many vehicles do have 115 pattern, and the only Kia I see that used the 115
pattern was the Kia Amati '06-'10.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Late to reply, but yes all 5x114.3. Don't know why they would say 115 as many vehicles do have 115 pattern, and the only Kia I see that used the 115
pattern was the Kia Amati '06-'10.
Thanks Turbonut, I really appreciate your help and you sharing expertise with this, it’s greatly appreciated.

I’m trying to piece this together without the car or wheels near me so it’s making it harder for fitment questions. I’d like to have the entire setup blacked out and as OEM as possible. Only things left are centers caps and new lugs. Would both of these work?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,305 Posts
The lug nuts no problem, 12mmx1.5, but not certain of that the emblem size, 60mm, is the same for the 16" wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought I’d post a few pics of these in case anyone is interested in factory painted wheels. I weighed these at approximately 18lbs.

Can anyone recommend any coatings/wax to add for some kind of paint protection? With not knowing what kind of prep work was done to paint them, I’m a little concerned about the longevity of the paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts