·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio was working fine in my 2003 Kia Optima I have been working on
the car and the battery was disconnected for a while. After I hooked the
battery back up the radio did work but by the next day it now has no power to
the radio and I checked all the fuses that I am aware of. I am I missing
something? This is the factory AM FM cd radio that came with the car.
Thank you for your time in this matter.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,713 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having.

This forum platform is geared more towards the 2011-2020 Optima, vs the older models.

While you are more than welcome to hang with us here, you would get a better response here:

-David

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to chime in with my rather strange experience regarding the radio not working after battery change/jump start.

So a few years ago, my battery died. Got it jump started and the radio/camera/evo stopped working. Black screen. The only thing that lit up were the buttons around it (am/fm, sat, phone, etc. - can't remember what the other buttons say). Checked/changed the fuses. smacked the dash a few thousand times (that was just to let out frustration, not because I thought it would work). Nothing fixed it. I was broke and didn't have extra money to waste replacing the radio so I left it like that and just hooked up a bt speaker and used my phone for music. Sucked because I didn't have the backup camera, but it is what it is.

Fast forward about 5-6ish months and I kid you not, the radio just started working one day. I was driving and it just came on. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

Now, three years later (about 2 weeks ago), my battery started showing signs of dying. I was waiting for the weekend to change it (would flip the on/off switch in the fuse box to help preserve battery life a little longer. Well, one of the days, the car hesitated to start, like it does when the battery is dying, and out went the radio again. Ugh!!!! I let it be, hoping that it would just magically start working again. Changed the battery about 1.5 weeks ago and it was still not working.

Well, guess what?! this morning when I got in and started the car, it was working!!! Again, I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.

I guess the point of this post is to be patient if this happens. It may just start working again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts