Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my starter my 2012 optima ex 2.4 only starts when it feels like it. The other day it would not turn over for a full day so I jumped it and it finally turned over I had just replaced the battery about 3 months ago so I know it's not the battery . I also tried the push the push to start once then hold it for 15 seconds and it has and issues so I know it's not brake sensor . The oem starter cost over 400 but I can find aftermarket starters cheaper but is it not recommend to use a aftermarket starter for this car?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
If truly the starter, I'd go with RockAuto TYC new starter w/lifetime warranty, $95 + shipping.
Use code 7F5098CB6A9504 for 5% discount expires 3/18/21
I'd first check for power at the starter terminals to be certain that's the problem, then do some
other tests, but rather than explain the various tests, first YouTube that came up, but there are more:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brought it to mechanic he confirmed it's the starter he said to me that Rock Auto was only like 50 dollar difference he got the oem starter is doing it now costed 425 if there is really a 95 dollar starter I'm gonna be pissed lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
325 was 440 total for the repair the pin was bad in my old starter was fireingn around inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts