Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many oxygen sensors does my 2012 SX Turbo 2.0 Optima have? The dealership says 4, but everything I see online suggests 2. I am trying to fact check so I can remain aware of the expenses. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
What is the code?
2, front/rear, or as some say upstream/downstream.
Probably past any warranty coverage, but the 2012 comes with a 8 year 96,000 mile warranty on Federal Emission Controls and that covers the O2 sensors, but in CA, it's 7/70 unless a SULEV 15/150, but that's not the 2.0T engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's worrisome, they either don't know about the sensors or are just trying to pull a fast one. Code is P0132. And you're right certainly past the warranty. Also bank 1 sensor 1...isn't that under the hood or is it under the car?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
Upstream under the hood, downstream under the car.
First look at the wiring connection to be certain it's plugged in properly, and you can always check to be certain the sensor is receiving voltage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upstream under the hood, downstream under the car.
First look at the wiring connection to be certain it's plugged in properly, and you can always check to be certain the sensor is receiving voltage.
And Bank 1 Sensor 1 is upstream right?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,906 Posts
Here's the lowdown, a V motor e.g. 6, 8 cyl has 2 banks (exhaust manifolds) so one would have a bank 1 (where #1 cylinder resides), the other bank 2, but on a 4 in-line cylinder engine, there is only 1 bank.
Now for the sensors, #1 upstream, # 2 downstream, so after the description you are correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts