Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellow owners? Am new to this deal and have already spent countless hours researching mods on OF and around the interwebs. Living in Augusta, Ga and hoping to learn about more of us in the Southeast. Just bought my first Kia 2 weeks ago and its a 2013 Satin Metal Optima SX-T-GDI with tech and prem touring pkgs. Got the windows tinted with 3M color stable 35% one week ago and windshield done in Air blue 80. Am good with the 3M (wished i'd have gone darker but scared of the po-po) but the AB 80 is a little too hazy at night and the rainbows with polarized sunglasses during the day are annoying. Love this car though. Went from a 2011 VW jetta SE to this quick and solid machine. My first noob issue to post about is posting to regular forums like this Utune groupbuy announced today. Must have missed a rule or some step about noobs replying to threads if there is one. But I want Utune so I PM'd KK....I think it's Will over there right? Stoked about the tune!Also got my eyes set on the FTSB strut bar and stiff rings and led fog lights as first mods. Glad to be here. -Will K.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome!

You will definitely like the FTSB and stiff rings. They really liven up the car and take some of the "looseness" out of the front end.

Let me know how the UTUNE works for you. Would love to get it but it doesn't work with our Canadian models.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,088 Posts
Hey Kennedy!! Welcome and glad to see you figured out how to post here.

Actually after you post in this thread a few times you will then be allowed to post elsewhere on the forum. ;)

You pm'd me by the way. I am David from K5 Optima Store but I work closely with Will from KK on many different things.

I am the running the group buy here on the Optima Forums. Here is the link: http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/74-vendor-classifieds/28634-utune-performance-tune-gb-kia-optima-hyundai-sonata-2-0-turbo-models.html#post461090

David

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Kennedy!! Welcome and glad to see you figured out how to post here.

Actually after you post in this thread a few times you will then be allowed to post elsewhere on the forum. ;)

You pm'd me by the way. I am David from K5 Optima Store but I work closely with Will from KK on many different things.

I am the running the group buy here on the Optima Forums. Here is the link: http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/74-vendor-classifieds/28634-utune-performance-tune-gb-kia-optima-hyundai-sonata-2-0-turbo-models.html#post461090

David
Thanks, David for your welcome, your forgiveness for my mixing you up with Will at KK, and for adding me to the list for the Utune group buy. Hoping we get to 15. Sorry about the mixup with Will at KK. Such a rookie thing to do. But am glad to be on here and getting in on the action. This is my first time having a car that I am totally stoked about. Sometimes I just stare at it. Okay, a lot of times I do. Is that normal? LOL.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

You will definitely like the FTSB and stiff rings. They really liven up the car and take some of the "looseness" out of the front end.

Let me know how the UTUNE works for you. Would love to get it but it doesn't work with our Canadian models.
Thanks, tooslow! Glad to be here and will definitely post about the UTUNE once it's available for the 13s and I get it flashed over. Am curious what type of differences between US and Canadian models prevent your using it?

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Hey Kennedy,

Welcome to the forums!!

Wait a minute, is your name actually will K? Is your last name Kennedy?

There are some crazy coincidences happening right now, so I HAD to clarify.

My Initials are Will K.

and my oldest daughters name is Kennedy, lol.

-Will

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha its definitely normal to just stare at it...I still do. Welcome fellow Georgia member!
Thanks, Cpark43. Glad to hear you are also in Georgia. Is there anything going on for optima owners in Atl? I will actually be there Saturday for a work related meeting.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Kennedy,

Welcome to the forums!!

Wait a minute, is your name actually will K? Is your last name Kennedy?

There are some crazy coincidences happening right now, so I HAD to clarify.

My Initials are Will K.

and my oldest daughters name is Kennedy, lol.

-Will
Hey Will K! My last name is Kennedy and if I have a daughter I want to name her Kennedy Kennedy. Is that wrong? Lol. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks, Cpark43. Glad to hear you are also in Georgia. Is there anything going on for optima owners in Atl? I will actually be there Saturday for a work related meeting.
I'm Christine. We have a section for Georgia members but don't think much is going on at all with the group...lol

are you ever considering the DRL install??? haha i've been waiting for someone in Georgia to do it...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm Christine. We have a section for Georgia members but don't think much is going on at all with the group...lol

are you ever considering the DRL install??? haha i've been waiting for someone in Georgia to do it...
dammm another GA member.... Im in GA too and will be doing the DRL install eventually but im about 200 miles from u guys.... :(

·
11/2011 ROTM
555 Posts

dammm another GA member.... Im in GA too and will be doing the DRL install eventually but im about 200 miles from u guys.... :(
Yeah everyone in Georgia is far from everyone else, I'm out here alone by myself, but there is a pretty good group of cars in Jacksonville, but only a few KDM guys.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
im tempted to make that trip down there......hahah
If mine go OK ur welcome to... We travel through ATL at least 4 times a year on our way to TN... So on one of those trips if mine go OK & u got all the tools/supplies my fiance and myself can probably arrange a detour either to or from TN...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Christine or anyone else in the Atlanta area tomorrow. I will be heading up there in the morning but feel free to call text or email me if you might want to meet for a bit after lunchtime. Maybe 2pm.
fone: 706---x---458----x---0153
emale: heykennedy at hotmail dot com

Hope something works out,

Will Kennedy

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Btw just purchased the UTUNE, FTSB, Engine Mounts, Folding Mirror kit, and LED Fog Lights. Will have to wait on the DRL's but am definitely going to do it. Just gotta get the courage enough to cut those bumper ends off...lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Btw just purchased the UTUNE, FTSB, Engine Mounts, Folding Mirror kit, and LED Fog Lights. Will have to wait on the DRL's but am definitely going to do it. Just gotta get the courage enough to cut those bumper ends off...lol.
Lets do it together!! Haha

ah I'm out of town this weekend!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's up! I will be in Atlanta on Saturday 9/28/13 if anyone would like to meet up there. I have business thursday and friday and then will be available to meet Saturday morning to early afternoon but have to be back in Augusta by nightfall. Who is in?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
7 Participants
heykennedy
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing