Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im a noob in the car scene and i just want to change the sound of my 2011 kia optima EX GDI

to do so do i need to buy a new catalytic convertor or a whole new muffler from manifold to tip or can i straight pipe it and remove the cat completely

also, if i wanna install a short ram intake do i NEED a turbo

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
562 Posts
You can get by with a Catback system, but in regards to intakes stay FAR away from a short ram. Just use one of the ones from K5 Optima Store. They have the best selection of parts that actually fit. Their Exhaust setups are pretty reasonable as well.

Whatever intake you choose, isolate it with thermal wrap. I use DEI Reflect-A-Gold, and it keeps intake temps below ambient, even in the summer.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there, we are more than happy to help you find exactly what you need.

We carry the exhaust systems on our site here: Performance Exhaust Systems - K5 Optima Store

We carry the air intakes on the site here: Air Intake Systems - K5 Optima Store

No, you do not need to have a turbo to install either an exhaust or intake.

Feel free to reach out directly with any questions we can help you with.

[email protected]

-David
K5 Optima Store
Hey David. I was looking at your site and I see that the borla exhaust system is no longer in stock. Will you be getting more?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,732 Posts
Hey David. I was looking at your site and I see that the borla exhaust system is no longer in stock. Will you be getting more?
Hello,

Unfortunately, this is not something we are just sold out of at our store here.

This exhaust has been permanently discontinued, as shown on the product page of our site.

Unfortunately, we are seeing more and more of the parts for the older models getting discontinued from the manufacturers as business slows down for the older models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts