Kia Optima Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Former Administrator
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's that time again! The first of June is creeping up on us, and we need another car to name Ride Of The Month!!

There are no limitations to enter, anyone can nominate their car!!

Let the games begin!

To nominate your car, reply in this thread with the following:

No more than (5) pictures of your car
A list of any/all modifications you have made to your car
A brief description of your car - Why you bought it, what you like about it, and where you got your inspiration for your mods

This thread will close in 6 days (5/25), and a poll of all entries will be created for everyone to vote on, and will remain open for 7 days, ending on 6/1/2012.

Please do not spam random people on the website to come vote for you. it's one thing to ask your friends for a vote, but spamming people you don't know just to boost your vote is not allowed.

May the best car win!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
There a ton of amazing cars on this site, should be an interesting month.

·
Former Administrator
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This month's winner will get one of these! Color is your choice!

(Don't worry previous winners, you will get a chance to get yours too once more batches are made)

·
08/2012 ROTM
1,622 Posts
I'll go again still no wheels though :-(

Even though I am getting wheels next month, here we go again.

I introduce to you Daniela the 2012 SX in Corsa Blue

Purchased on 12/26/2011 with the Premium\Tech packages\Tint (50/35)\Pin Stripe.

Current modifications:
Pin Stripe Removed
Badging removed from trunk
K5 Badges on trunk\hood\steering wheel
LED bulbs for Dome\Map\Vanity\Trunk\License Plate
OEM Rubber Mats Front\Rear\Trunk
Stealth blinker bulbs Front\Rear
PIAA Ion Crystal Fog Light Bulbs
H&R Trak+ 15mm Spacers on all wheels
ARK Lowering Springs
OEM Splash Guards
LED Back up Lights
Rear Window Spoiler
OEM LED DRL with upgraded LEDs
5000K D1S bulbs

I love this car, bought it because of the price, mileage, color and overall styling, oh and cooled seats.

I love the fact that everytime I approach my car I smile even when it has a green pearl coat of pollen :facepalm:

Most of my mods have been chosen to add to the styling of the car and not take away from it. No real inspiration other than my own vision.

Pics:
Just after buying her

Day363 by homebrwd, on Flickr

First shoot after lowering and other mods

DSC01907 by homebrwd, on Flickr

DSC01900 by homebrwd, on Flickr

Most recent pics after upgraded OEM DRL LED install

DSC_0960 by homebrwd, on Flickr

DSC_1018 by homebrwd, on Flickr

·
Registered
84 Posts
ill throw mine up when i have more things done to it, its still way to stock for my liking. wanna come with somethin that really represents.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Yeah really! Get some rides up. There were a have dozen ROTM contenders last month only Homebrd has reentered?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wasn't sure I wanted to run as I have a lot more I want to do, but lets have some fun.

I bought this amazing White SX with Nav/Tech Package in October 2011 and am loving it. My wife fell in love with the body lines when we saw a couple on the road and traded in her 550i. It was her car originally but I love it and probably will take over and get her something else, if possible!

Current modifications:
Removed Kia and rebaged hood/trunk and steerling wheel
Replaced Kia Door Kick Plates with Lighted K5
Replaced head lights (low) and fogs with 6k HID
ARK Lowering Springs
"Tuning" style front grille
20% Window Tint
Custom 22's (did myself)
Custom Fiberglass enclosure for JL12W6 with Focal Components front and co-ax rear. Running off JL HD750.1 and HD600.4. Used all Audio control line converters and hid everything behind panels (stealth look)

Coming Soon Features
OEM LED DRL custom painted white to match - On Order, then paint
Air Suspension - Talking with some companies about what I need as there is no special kits set up for 2012's yet (that I can find)
Few ideas afterwards, not sure what yet.

We bought this car because our BMW had 80k and was time for something new. We were very worried about the name KIA at first, but after owning one I'm proud of the car. We get tons of compliments on the car and people are always asking us what it is. My wife makes me laugh because she only answers "K5" and if people ask what brand that is she says "Optima", lol.

Growing up in a family of custom cars I usually push the limits of what can be done. I wanted to do something other than 20's and I think the 22's came out nice. After we get the air suspension done I think it will be perfect as we can drive 100% safe and also look good when we want.

The car is 100% driveable the way it is set up now also (just be cautious). My inspiration really came from a Mazaratti that I we saw that was white on white/red wheels and it was amazing looking. My other inspirations have just come from falling in love with this car. When we originally bought it I was going to stop after the audio/wheels, but now we want to keep going and see what can be done.

I hope you all like. I am still working on getting the 2 future items done before I get some real photos done.

·
KDMnation Chicago
780 Posts

Here's my pride and joy.

Or as my wife says "my side bitch"

The first time I saw one of these was when we went to go take our G6 in for a brake job.

There was a beautiful Blue SX parked right in the middle of the showroom.

I knew right then that I had to have one of these beautiful cars.

My favorite part of owning my Optima is when people ask or I see them looking at my car wondering what kind of car it is.

When I tell them its a Kia their jaws just drop.

I'm so glad I found this site, ALL of my inspiration has come from this site and everyone's beautiful rides.

All of my Mods are listed in my signature.

Enjoy

DSC00884.jpg DSC00898.jpg DSC00908.jpg DSC00910.jpg DSC00930.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've only had my Optima SX for a couple weeks. But here it is...

2012 Optima SX - Titanium Silver with Premium and Technology Packages
SX Limited LED DRLs
19" Genesis coupe wheels
35" Tint all the way around
Mud Flaps and All weather Floor mats

I bought it because Kia has definitely come a long way - The styling, features, value, safety and warranty finally won me over...haha.

I love the LED tail lamps, HID headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, The Air-cooled seats and the Streaming Bluetooth music feature to name a few things

I got my inspiration for my front LEDs from the SX Limited model. When I saw an SX Limited in person (I work for Kia) I knew I had to get an Optima SX and add the LEDs if necessary, makes the car looking Ah-mmmazing IMO :)
The Wheels: I liked the Pizza wheels better than the Touring wheels originally, but eventually the Touring wheels kinda grew on me. I knew if I pulled the trigger on an SX I would end up getting 19" or 20" wheels so it didn't really matter. I've loved the 19" Genesis Coupe wheels since the second I first saw them on that car. I didn't think I would ever own a car that they would look good. Then I thought Optima SX and Genesis 19" wheels....hmmmmmmm. And here you have it ;-) I know I am missing my center caps but they should be in the mail...

I've previously owned an 01 Maxima SE, 05 Altima 3.5SE, 05 Acura TL, 08 BMW 335i. I currently own an 07 Infiniti G35-S Sedan 6MT and the Optima. Let's just say the Infiniti has been pretty much parked for the past two weeks...lol. The Optima SX does not feel like a 4 cylinder and I could not be happier with the 29 mpg that I am averaging- mostly highway driving.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.