Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Guys.. i have a 2013 Kia Optima 2.4 GDI. Her name is Ellie.. She is the bomb... since I replaced the front brakes there has been a rattling on the left side when i hit bumpy roads . I
bled the brakes. I checked the rattle clips. Shock mounting was good. I replaced the shock mounting bearing.. but noise is still there. HELP please...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Maybe Ellie doesn't like her pads changed. Check the pad holder once again that pads are tight in holders, check sliders to be certain the caliper is free and piston against inner pad, other than that stabilizer end links are problematic, but they don't make a rattle, more of a clunk.
Here's a fun one, had a car with a noise in front and it was the center cap that was loose.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,093 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Congrats on picking up your 2013 Optima Ellie.

Hmm, not sure what would cause that to happen, but I would start with what Turbonut recommended.

Sometimes trying to isolate noises on the vehicle can prove to be difficult.

Hope you are able to get it figured out.

-David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe Ellie doesn't like her pads changed. Check the pad holder once again that pads are tight in holders, check sliders to be certain the caliper is free and piston against inner pad, other than that stabilizer end links are problematic, but they don't make a rattle, more of a clunk.
Here's a fun one, had a car with a noise in front and it was the center cap that was loose.
Thanks. I did check everything above except stabilizer links. Will look into that. Merci...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now when i brake.. there is a knocking or clicking sound . Only when i brake. Is that bad.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Now when i brake.. there is a knocking or clicking sound . Only when i brake. Is that bad.
Depends on what is causing the knock or click as it's certainly difficult to determine over the 'net.
Stabilize links are also detect if worn. When loaded, the weight makes it difficult to check looseness, and conversely if vehicle raised, that keeps the links tight, again hard to tell.

Looks like the brakes need another inspection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Turbonut
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing