Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a noise when going over bumps that sounds like it's coming from drivers side door area. Sounds like the door is shifting and the seal is breaking. Tried lubricating all of the weather stripping rubber on the door and the door frame but noise persists. Anyone had this problem/solutions?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have one on the top of the driver's side door at the seal and yes, the slight door movement is the cause, but it comes and goes. Best I can say to locate the area, place a thin piece of cloth between the door and body then move it from area to area to isolate the offending area.
Maybe want to try silicone if you haven't.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one on the top of the driver's side door at the seal and yes, the slight door movement is the cause, but it comes and goes. Best I can say to locate the area, place a thin piece of cloth between the door and body then move it from area to area to isolate the offending area.
Maybe want to try silicone if you haven't.
I tried a silicone spray lubricant and it actually seemed to make things worse if that's possible...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had an Acura TL that did this. Was the most annoying sound ever. Sounded like two balloons rubbing together. A combination of Shin-itsu (sp?) lubricant and adjusting the door striker plate fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a noise when going over bumps that sounds like it's coming from drivers side door area. Sounds like the door is shifting and the seal is breaking. Tried lubricating all of the weather stripping rubber on the door and the door frame but noise persists. Anyone had this problem/solutions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
CharlieI know what exactly is wrong with your car you need to replace the front upper strut mounts and bearing both side they come as a unit also check your stabilizer links I just had the exact problem and cured the problem. It’s not coming from your door!!! noise has a way of traveling.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
CharlieI know what exactly is wrong with your car you need to replace the front upper strut mounts and bearing both side they come as a unit also check your stabilizer links I just had the exact problem and cured the problem. It’s not coming from your door!!! noise has a way of traveling.
Don't know where this fix is coming from, but on my door noise, exactly the same a OP, I can pull the weatherstripping at the front top of the door in and the noise ceases. Nothing to do with suspension, and stabilizer end links won't squeak, but because of the wear, they will emit a metallic knock when going over "bumps".
But thanks for the reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Turbonut
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing