Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I crazy or is there not a way to adjust the bass/mid/treble on the stereo while streaming music over bluetooth?

Having to go to the radio to get the sound option and make adjustments and then toggling back to media mode is not a solution. Eq'ing on my phone while I am driving is not a solution.

Kia really should do something about this... HUGE oversight. It is hard enough to get to the sound menu as it is.

·
Premium Member
2011 KIA Optima
1,751 Posts
Am I crazy or is there not a way to adjust the bass/mid/treble on the stereo while streaming music over bluetooth?

Having to go to the radio to get the sound option and make adjustments and then toggling back to media mode is not a solution. Eq'ing on my phone while I am driving is not a solution.

Kia really should do something about this... HUGE oversight. It is hard enough to get to the sound menu as it is.
On the systems with Nav, each music menu, phone, usb device, iPod, sat, AM/FM, has the "Sound" button in the lower right corner. It would help to know what system you are commenting upon.

·
Premium Member
2011 KIA Optima
1,751 Posts
I streamed Pandora over my Android....and although it's been a while, I recall the button being available...hmmm

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,637 Posts
No button/option on the stream option for audio controls on my 2011 SX tech unit.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
1,567 Posts
Audio adjustment works fine on my base No-NAV system for all inputs including streaming BT. All inputs retain their individual settings. No button hiding here. LOL. :p

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

If you want to make "Sound" adjustments when BT streaming, then the solution IS to do it another mode and return to streaming audio.

Yes, that seems odd, but I'd hardly call it a "HUGE oversight". And how is it hard to get the sound menu from any other mode? Hit the button and make the adjustment with the touch screen, then return to the audio mode of choice. That's much easier than most car audio systems IMHO.

What's more odd (but not HUGE) is that making a BT call isn't possible while streaming audio.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you want to make "Sound" adjustments when BT streaming, then the solution IS to do it another mode and return to streaming audio.

Yes, that seems odd, but I'd hardly call it a "HUGE oversight". And how is it hard to get the sound menu from any other mode? Hit the button and make the adjustment with the touch screen, then return to the audio mode of choice. That's much easier than most car audio systems IMHO.

What's more odd (but not HUGE) is that making a BT call isn't possible while streaming audio.
I think what he meant was it is not too efficient to need to change screens, stop streaming then change the audio settings.

The most efficient way would be changing the audio settings as you were listening, so you can tune it exactly how you want it. But I do not have the navi, just throwing in my two cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The idea that anyone accepts listening to another audio source to EQ/correct the sound of something you cannot hear is ridiculous.
Granted, I am a sound engineer... but I can assure you that it is absurd that you cannot eq the sound of what you are listening to, while you are listening to it.
It is what it is... it IS a huge oversight... and the fact that you can do it on a non NAV system only highlights that fact.

·
Registered
148 Posts
^
Agreed. Silly to not be able to listen the source you are trying to EQ *AS* you EQ it.

Not a huge problem to change things via ways mentioned above but still poor design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see the Sound button on my UVO panel when Bluetooth streaming. Maybe it's only in the latest version?
Having said that, I found that using an equalizer on my android phone (Music Volume EQ) works way better anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Agreed - I was stumped by this.. trying to find the audio menu while streaming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The idea that anyone accepts listening to another audio source to EQ/correct the sound of something you cannot hear is ridiculous.
Granted, I am a sound engineer... but I can assure you that it is absurd that you cannot eq the sound of what you are listening to, while you are listening to it.
It is what it is... it IS a huge oversight... and the fact that you can do it on a non NAV system only highlights that fact.
I totally agree with you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts