Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Firstly, let me apologize if this is a repost. I did try searching, but didn't find anything.

I have a 2013 Optima SXL. When I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I would stream music from Google Play over the Bluetooth connection, I would never see a song title / artist on the NAV display. When I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S8, I started seeing song title and artist and loved it. But I now just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and the song title / artist is blank again. I'm guessing this is a Kia issue because in a Nissan Sentra I just rented, the artist / title information appeared on the NAV screen just fine in that car. Is there any fix so that my NAV screen in my Optima will show artist / title again while using my Samsung Galaxy S10+ ??

Thank you!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,180 Posts
On the surface it would seem to be a firmware issue with UVO since it does display song info over BT when you stream via the S8. Did you ask the dealer or check to see if the firmware in your UVO is running the latest version?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the surface it would seem to be a firmware issue with UVO since it does display song info over BT when you stream via the S8. Did you ask the dealer or check to see if the firmware in your UVO is running the latest version?
I haven't been to the dealership since I upgraded my phone, but the next time I am there, I will ask them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts